PDA

View Full Version : How Many Carbs do You Eat Each Day?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

scg
Tue, Mar-05-02, 18:27
Hey,
I'm doing my own version of zone/low carb eatting and I'm trying to decide about how many carbs I should be getting a day. I know I could never get down to the 20 that Atkins suggests, but I do want to limit them. About how many grams of protein are you all eatting a day? :confused:
Suzy

Erin4980
Tue, Mar-05-02, 19:40
You should really read Protein Power. It suggests 30 carbs (similar and different from Atkins) and measurements to figure out how much protein. I have not read it cover to cover, but I've heard that it explains everything much better and not so definsive. It's been suggested to me that a person should aim for about 25% of cals should be from protein or more. I usually have 110g a day.

Good Luck,
E

rhubarb
Wed, Mar-06-02, 13:12
I’m really not sure how many carbs I eat per day, but the Zone method says that a “food block” contains approximately 9 grams of carb, 7 grams of protein and 3 grams of fat. Each person must decide for him or herself how many blocks to consume each day in total, but no one is supposed to eat fewer than 11. So a strict interpretation would work out to 99 grams of carb, and 77 grams of protein and 33 grams of fat per day.

Hope this helps ...
Rhu

sweetmango
Wed, Oct-20-04, 06:04
I am in between 30-60 , I definitely want to stay under 100 carb grms. :yum:

nutty
Wed, Oct-20-04, 15:24
I don't know, I don't really count. maybe 50-80? I can't get under 50 and don't want to (need my apple of the day :D )

I eat TONS fiber, like 40+ grams, from flax, psyllium, bran, fruit, veggies.

rubyspirit
Sat, Oct-23-04, 21:37
i'm trying to stay within a normal limit of 245 daily (i'm 5'10"). although i eat a lot of low carb veggies - peppers, squash, eggplant, zuchinni, tomatoes, onion - i still need variety and eat carrots, pears, oranges, etc. if i can stay within my normal carb limit, i'm happy.

hopefully i can pick up some tips here.