PDA

View Full Version : Hello Out There!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bizzle
Tue, Mar-05-02, 17:04
Greetings to all! I'm on day three of Induction and so far, so good. I have been reading and researching about low-carb for a few weeks now, so I feel well-prepared. This seems like a great forum--lots of factual information and good intentions.

I'm a confirmed lurker almost everywhere I go on the internet, so this post is my starting attempt to come out of the proverbial shell and introduce myself.

No major food difficulties so far--I'm using fitday to check my intake. I haven't been over 1350 calories/day yet, but I know to work on upping the fat to pump up the calories. I LOVE most vegetables, especially steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and also spinach, so that's a plus. I have never enjoyed carbonated drinks (They sting my tongue, isn't that odd?), so water has always been my beverage of choice.

Well, this is longer than I intended, but I wanted to say hello and thanks for the great support and motivation I've already received!

p.s. If anyone can recommend an inexpensive brand or source for kitchen scales, I'd be much obliged. The cups/grams/oz. variations are already getting to me.

Rosebud
Tue, Mar-05-02, 17:20
Hi Bizzle, :wave:
Welcome to the forum!
You've got a great attitude, it won't be long before we see your stats dropping, I'm sure.
You must eat more! According to the learned folk here (and they're a great bunch, as you've probably noticed in your "lurking" days) you need 10 to 12 times your body weight in calories for your body to function well. Yep, more fat!
Try starting a journal, that way some nice people will give you advice about your actual food intake.
In case you haven't found the journals yet, go to "forum jump" at the bottom of the page. They are arranged alphabetically according to your forum name so you will want the A to B section. Obviously, duh. I'm great at pointing out the bleeding obvious! :p
Cheers and good luck, Bizzle.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

HelloKitty
Tue, Mar-05-02, 17:44
Welcome to the board!!! Coming out of lurkdom is a BIG help (I lurked for 10 months before I had the guts to post something. :daze: ) There are so many people with so many view points, you can find pretty much everything about everything here (But I'm sure you've already seen that. ;) )

:wave:
Melissa

wbahn
Fri, Mar-08-02, 19:22
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

Looks like you're starting out with quite a few plusses in your corner. You'll probably do fine.

Be sure to consider keeping a journal here - they are a fabulous resource.

LittleAnne
Mon, Mar-11-02, 05:08
Hi Bizzle

Glad you are no longer lurking around. You will find this a great site for information and support as you begin your low carb way of life. All the best for the future.