PDA

View Full Version : newbie checking in

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TracyinOH
Sun, Jan-20-08, 20:51
Hi there. My name is Tracy and I have recently began this low carb way of life "again". Several years ago when Protein Power first came on the scene, I was very successful with it and lost over 60 pounds, then unfortunately, I let life get in my way and didn't take care of myself anymore. My kids, my hubby, and my work took up all my time and energies, so mom came in last, if you know what I mean. This past year has really made me wake up and look at things alot differently. I have had two surgeries and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, so I think that, no I know that, I have to take care of me, and this is definitely the right place for me to start.

I hope to get to know some of you and I would really appreciate any support that you might be able to give in my journey. I sometimes get side-tracked along the way, so I might need a little guidance (or a swift kick) along the way. :lol:

Ok, that's enough of my first rambling.
Hope everyone has a great night!!

Tracy :wave:

Kisal
Sun, Jan-20-08, 21:48
Welcome, Tracy! Nice to meet you! :wave:

TracyinOH
Mon, Jan-21-08, 08:01
I have been reading many posts around this site and there seems to be a wonderful bunch of people for me to learn from. I hope to get to know some of you better.

Have a great day!

saffron28
Mon, Jan-21-08, 08:03
Hi Tracy!:wave: Welcome! I can so relate to the whole mom comes last. I am a mom, full time student, full time employee, a newly wed, and a new step-mom. So I know how hard it can be to find time to take care of myself, but I came to the realization that if I don't take care of me, how am I going to take care of all the things I have going on in my life?? You have made the right decision. Start a journal, read and then read some more, and post often we are all here to help.

TracyinOH
Mon, Jan-21-08, 21:49
Whewww. You make me tired just thinking about all you have going on in your life. You must be a very organized mom to keep all that together, plus taking care of yourself on top of it all. I think that is totally wonderful!!! I would love to hear any tips that you may have in keeping it all together.

I did take some of your advice already in starting a journal, which I have to admit that I've never done before. Please feel free to stop by and give me any pointers that you might have. (if you have a free moment, that is)

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Tracy

Goat Lady
Tue, Jan-22-08, 07:15
Hello and Welcome Tracy! I'm in Ohio too! Good Luck and post often! :)