PDA

View Full Version : Hi, kind of a newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

laurieb74
Tue, Jan-15-08, 14:12
I am not new to low carb woe, but I've only posted here a few times way back when :D I've had trouble sticking to any "diet" but I decided to start the new year whith a new attitude and make my goal not just losing weight but also feeling better from the inside out. I am doing Atkins, but since I always feel sick during induction, I kind of modified it for me and am seeing really good results--not as fast of weight loss as on induction, but this time around I also seem to have skipped the nausea, light headed stuff so it is easier for me to stick with. I think what I'm doing is actually closer to the Eat Fat, Get Thin or to the ongoing weight loss section in Atkins. Anyone else tried this, and what kind of results did you get?

suzan4872
Tue, Jan-15-08, 15:27
I'm also kind of a newbie. I did Atkins a few years ago and lost about 20 pounds then I switched to Weight Watchers and lost about 25 pounds and now I'm back to Atkins to get my last 20 pounds off. I did good the first week of induction but slipped the beginning of the second week. Just keeping remembering weight loss is a journey with ups and downs but don't give up. Good Luck Again!

Kisal
Tue, Jan-15-08, 18:17
Welcome, Laurie! It's nice to meet you! :wave:

BluePants
Tue, Jan-15-08, 20:21
Welcome, glad you joined. I think you'll find this a great supportive board

lynn64
Wed, Jan-16-08, 00:30
Welcome! You'll find lots of support and help here. Good luck!

WH1968
Wed, Jan-16-08, 06:59
Howdy and wecome to the forums....

T-man

laurieb74
Wed, Jan-16-08, 10:44
Thanks everyone! I am loving this board already, lots of great info and successs stories.