PDA

View Full Version : Help needed from the UK!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sfenwick1
Thu, Jan-10-08, 13:51
Hi everyone,

I went on a low carb diet before christmas, i did quite well, i lost half a stone (7lbs) in a week. As you would expect my diet went out of the window during the festive season, drinking too much alcohol and eating too many roast potatoes!!

Anyway, i have decided to give it another try, the only thing i find difficult is most low carb diets are American where food is measured in cups, in England we measure food by weight. The Atkins diet allows 2 cups of salad and 1 cup of veg a day. How do you know how much salad to put in a cup and how tightly do you pack them?

Thanks

Sarah

27Peach
Tue, Jan-15-08, 18:05
Truth be told, I don't measure my veggies and am still losing weight, so sorry I'm of no help with that question!

Hey, that's great - a 7 pound loss in 1 week! I hope that you are also low carbing for health purposes as well as for weight loss. Viewing low carbing as a way of life and not as a temporary diet is the way for continued success.

Keep it up, don't get discouraged if you have mini stalls and you will see progress!

Kisal
Tue, Jan-15-08, 18:20
Welcome! I bought a nice little kitchen scale, and measure my foods by weight. It's just easier for me. I found the scale at a local supermarket, in the aisle where they sell measuring cups and other kitchen gadgets. :)