PDA

View Full Version : Hi there! Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NinaJax
Wed, Jan-09-08, 01:19
I just wanted to come introduce myself....I'm Nina. I'm 25 and I live in Milwaukee, WI.

I have finally decided to go on a diet after about 3 years of being overweight. I guess the real reason I have waited so long is because (not to give a sob story) I am a recovered anorexic....After I began eating normally my weight ballooned to 135ish from 85lbs within (seriously) one year... so even tho I went from being underweight to over, I really didn't want to diet or excercise anymore.

Now I feel in control of my disorder enough, and have been eating normally enough, to choose a healthy weight loss program for myself. My goal is a thin but healthy 110lbs.

I would appreciate any support I could find and love to give some in return.

Goat Lady
Wed, Jan-09-08, 05:51
Hello and Welcome! Glad to see you've you're in control now. So glad to have you with us on the boards! :)

mommycakes
Wed, Jan-09-08, 11:29
Hi Nina
I was anorexic when I was 15/16; got down to 84 lbs and went 9 months w/o a period so I know what it's like. I'm 51 now so that was back when no one really knew what it was. Anyway, this definately is they way to go. You sound like you have a realistic goal. I wish you the best of luck.
Leah

NinaJax
Wed, Jan-09-08, 11:35
Tank you guys! Nice to meet you!

BluePants
Wed, Jan-09-08, 13:10
Welcome aboard. Keep up the good work and if you need us were just a click away