PDA

View Full Version : I'm on board

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Stargazer4
Mon, Mar-04-02, 10:46
:wave:

Hello everyone,

What a wonderful website, I could spend days - nay longer here - just browsing this "bank" of information you have all created. This is my first day. It's Monday March 4, 2002. On the weekend I stocked up on a wide variety of greens, cheese, eggs, canned salmon, tuna, hamburger, bacon and chicken. I'm sipping my way through my first of 3 X 500 ml. of water as I write. For breakfast I had scrambled eggs made with cream and garnished with cracked black pepper. The simple act of preparing and garnishing my food will help to develop the habit of doing this for me and me alone.

I'm a mother of a 10 and 7 yr old and wife of a husband who likes to cook, perogies, pasta, chili, you name it. I bake, am known for my great desserts and this will be a test. I do not plan to give up baking since I do not normally eat skads of my delights but am a taster. I enjoy baking for the pleasure of it and for others. I have been overweight by 40 - 50 lbs for 9 years. Since my first pregnancy. Developed hypothyroidism and blamed that from then on. Not anymore. I am counting on succeeding with this diet, I am new to it again, although am familiar with it having tried the induction about 4 yrs. ago. It was difficult when the children were smaller and I basically threw out any chance of losing weight and getting to where I was.

Now I'm coming back, it's my turn. I'm going to try really really hard, ok I want to get gorgeous - there I said it! I want to leap out of bed everyday and not have to worry how my clothes will look or feel. I want to lose my obedience to pasta and unwanted and unnecessary chocolate treats. I never used to eat the volume of carbs. i.e. pasta, rice, bagels, muffins etc. because they were not in my diet. I'm originally from Ireland, where we ate heartily on fried bacon, chops, etc., real cream, real butter and in our household no pasta was ever served. Rice was for puddings baked long hours in the oven. We did not have snacks, and never ate before a meal.

I hope to be able to maintain a journal, I don't have access to the internet at home (probably a good thing because I could do a lot of late nighters with you guys) - so I visit during breaks and lunch for inspiration.

Thanks again everyone for a website that is truly inspiring, very organized, comfortable, informative, honest and above all it features real life situations.

Stargazer4

gwilson38
Mon, Mar-04-02, 11:31
It sounds like U are geared up and good to go!! LOL I too am a baker. In fact at Christmas time I likely made more goodies than ever before. One suggestion is that for the next while U dont bake anything. U may be too easily tempted. It doesnt bother me at all now to have them in the house now in fact I am satisfied by just smelling them..lol weird i know. I wish U lots of luck!

Stargazer4
Mon, Mar-04-02, 12:00
Thanks for your reply, nice to know there are fellow bakers out there. You have made lots of progress, I hope I can do likewise.

Stargazer4 :p

Atrsy
Mon, Mar-04-02, 13:31
I, too, am relatively new to this board and I can't believe the wealth of information here. These people are so knowledgeable that there must be nurses and doctors among them.

I have been keeping my own little journal since I've started and if nothing else, it is good to go back and read it sometimes just renewing the enthusiasm of a beginner. Sometimes we get bogged down and really forget how it felt in the beginning.

I plan to start my journal here within the next day or so.

I'm wishing you all the success that others here have shown.

Carol