PDA

View Full Version : Hope this works!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carascrv7
Sat, Jan-05-08, 12:10
Well, I am giving this a go to try and drop some weight before my wedding in 90 days. I just got the go-ahead from my son's pediatrician to start dieting. Previously, they had told me I couldn't diet because I am nursing and my history of Gastric bypass surgery already made them concerned regarding nutrition for the baby. However, now he is eight months old and only nurses 4 times a day so they tell me it is ok to diet. This plan is the most managable for me because I am allowed to eat when I am hungry as long as I stick to the carb levels. SO far today I have had 3 eggs, 1 Cup sliced mushrooms, 1 cup cubed chicken, and 4 tbsp taco bell mild sauce (available by the bottle at Stater Brothers and has 0 carbs). THat was breakfast..for lunch I am gonna have sliced turkey rolls (spread little bit of mayo and sprouts on the inside of a slice of turkey lunch meat and roll it up). For Dinner, probably more chicken and sauted mushrooms. Who knows! Anyhow, I am not sure if this thing will work because of my bypass surgery and the different way that I absorb fat...this may defeat the whole process.'

We shall see!

272/272/190

MG1: 240 by wedding on April 4th!

RDS
Sat, Jan-05-08, 12:14
Good luck and welcome to the boards!

BluePants
Mon, Jan-07-08, 15:44
Your menu sounds fine and the only suggestion I would give you is to get as big a variety in your veggies as possible cause we need those vitamins and minerals.
I think I'll join you and have chicken salad for dinner. I was going to do tuna but then your chicken and mushrooms sounded so go and I just happen to have both in the refrig.
Welcome to the board, Come join us in Journals, we love to have new folks