PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

md9680
Fri, Jan-04-08, 13:28
I began Atkins about three years ago with my wife and went from 270 to 194 pounds over a period of about two years. "Maintenance" eventually deteriorated to just eating all the bad stuff with the predictable result. We're both back on Induction, beginning this week, and I hope to get from 235 back down into the 190s again.

I've been a "lurker" here for a few weeks and have already found much encouragement, not that I have any doubts about the program. But it's been good to read other peoples' accounts of their experience, confirming what I've known to be the case these past few years.

I've also discovered the wealth of handy information here on the site which will undoubtedly help us. :agree:

Thank you.

M & K D

hayes
Fri, Jan-04-08, 15:45
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss.

BluePants
Mon, Jan-07-08, 16:14
Welcome M, glad you found us and decided to un-lurk.
This is a friendly board and we love new folks. They should have a board for couples cause I know there are quiet a few of them. Its a lot easier when both are on plan.

Kisal
Mon, Jan-07-08, 16:54
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to have you here! :)

md9680
Tue, Jan-08-08, 12:48
Welcome M, glad you found us and decided to un-lurk.
This is a friendly board and we love new folks. They should have a board for couples cause I know there are quiet a few of them. Its a lot easier when both are on plan.

I agree, and think it only possible for us when we're both working on it at the same time. We've had a house guest living with us for several months now and, though she isn't to blame for our poor willpower, it has been very easy to binge on the bad stuff for "good times sake" with her.

A week ago my wife segregated all of our guest's carb no-no items from "our" foodstuffs and followed it up with the welcome announcement that we were going back on Induction. :clap:

WH1968
Tue, Jan-08-08, 13:24
Howdy.. Welcome to both of you.. glad you found the forum.... Great job on your loss.... I was there along with you... It's a good thing you got back before you gained it all back though....

Keep up the great work..

T-man

PS.. if you're looking for motivational challenges... the Summer BAIT is looking for more men.

jeannnette
Tue, Jan-08-08, 13:53
Hi and welcome!!