PDA

View Full Version : New guy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Travis_14
Fri, Jan-04-08, 02:54
Hi my name is Travis i am 14 years old, Im a freshman in high school and i am on the Atkins diet with my mom. My dad is offering a 100 dollar bill to whichever person loses the most by April 15 between me and my mom. My mom thinks she is going to win but i think it will be me.I started this diet in the first place because i wanted to lose about 50 pounds or more so i could be in shape and fit for my sophomore year in high school.

Mousesmom
Fri, Jan-04-08, 08:36
Welcome Travis!

You have the fact that you are male and your age on your side to win that bet.

Make sure you read the book to understand how LC works and you will do GREAT!

All the best, Julie

Kisal
Fri, Jan-04-08, 18:40
Welcome to the forums! :)

Travis_14
Fri, Jan-04-08, 20:46
thank you for the welcomes.

PghLady74
Fri, Jan-04-08, 20:56
Welcome!! :wave: You should have your mom join us too!

Travis_14
Fri, Jan-04-08, 23:15
thanks 4 your welcome. my mom is joined already also she is CalifDM

pcorra47
Sat, Jan-05-08, 12:44
Hi Travis, :wave:

Just wanted you to know that my nephew began lo-carbing in his freshman year of HS and lost quite a bit of weight. He ended up playing football, getting a girlfriend and having a great time during his HS years. He is now a senior and getting ready for college. He reached his goal weight and is in maintenance. Sometimes he eats what he wants. When he feels that he is gaining, he locarbs again for a few weeks and gets back to his goal weight. Locarbing has become a way of life for him. He and I are locarbing together since he put on some weight during the holiday break and I am beginning again after a few years.

I tried some new recipes from (LINDA'S LOW CARB MENUS & RECIPES: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/induction_menus/induction_menus.html ) and he has been my test audience. It is great that you and your mom are doing this together. It's nice to share the journey. Wishing you and your mom sucess.

Pam :p

DEBeachMom
Sat, Jan-05-08, 13:11
:wave: Hi to the both of you!
Welcome to the boards! You have found a wonderful place for support, ideas, recipes and friends!
It is so cool that you and your Mom are reaching for your goals together! And Dad's input is great too! Nothing motivates like da money! lol
I just wanted to say hi and welcome! You have already shown you know how to make some good choices by choosing to get healthy!
Way to go! I wish you and your Mom health and weight loss! Keep reading the posts, they are a wealth of support and knowledge!

Travis_14
Sat, Jan-05-08, 16:19
Hi Travis, :wave:

Just wanted you to know that my nephew began lo-carbing in his freshman year of HS and lost quite a bit of weight. He ended up playing football, getting a girlfriend and having a great time during his HS years. He is now a senior and getting ready for college. He reached his goal weight and is in maintenance. Sometimes he eats what he wants. When he feels that he is gaining, he locarbs again for a few weeks and gets back to his goal weight. Locarbing has become a way of life for him. He and I are locarbing together since he put on some weight during the holiday break and I am beginning again after a few years.

I tried some new recipes from (LINDA'S LOW CARB MENUS & RECIPES: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/induction_menus/induction_menus.html ) and he has been my test audience. It is great that you and your mom are doing this together. It's nice to share the journey. Wishing you and your mom sucess.

Pam :p
thank you for your welcom and i will check out that website thanks.

Travis_14
Sat, Jan-05-08, 16:22
:wave: Hi to the both of you!
Welcome to the boards! You have found a wonderful place for support, ideas, recipes and friends!
It is so cool that you and your Mom are reaching for your goals together! And Dad's input is great too! Nothing motivates like da money! lol
I just wanted to say hi and welcome! You have already shown you know how to make some good choices by choosing to get healthy!
Way to go! I wish you and your Mom health and weight loss! Keep reading the posts, they are a wealth of support and knowledge!

thanks for you welcome to me and my mom. hope you have a good time low-carbing.