PDA

View Full Version : Long time low carber, but new here.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stilldews
Thu, Jan-03-08, 07:27
Just stopping in to introduce myself. I have been low carbing on and off for years. All the diets that I ever been really successful at have been low carb and the more I read, the more convinced I am that it is the healthiest way to eat. After 40 plus years of yo-yoing, I really haven't found the secret to making it a true WOL, but I'm slowly getting better at it. My all time high weight a few years ago was 255. Today, I am at 169, after taking off 50 pounds since June. I found the thread on intermittent fasting and am going to try that along with low carb to get off the last 40 or so pounds.

I am a single 59 year old nurse who is passionate about gardening and share my life with 3 cats and a toy poddle. I work full time nights on a psych unit and am trying to work more exercise into my routine this year. I work out at least 4 times a week on a Pilates Performer and also have just started doing isometric exercises to increase muscle mass.

Looking forward to getting to know more or you.

Susan

Kisal
Thu, Jan-03-08, 07:33
Welcome, Susan! It's nice to have you here! :)

RDS
Thu, Jan-03-08, 07:44
Hey Susan! Welcome!

WH1968
Thu, Jan-03-08, 08:45
Hey there Susan...

Congrats on your loss thus far.. and welcome to the boards....

T-man

Kora
Thu, Jan-03-08, 13:44
Welcome Susan

chubbygrrl
Thu, Jan-03-08, 16:14
:wave: welcome to the forum Susan!! Jump right in and make yourself at home!