PDA

View Full Version : help - been on a plateau for years

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tommy-o
Thu, Dec-27-07, 15:26
Hi folks,

I am a newbie to this forum so hello to to everyone.

I have been living a low carb lifestyle for more than four years. After initial success and loss of 100 lbs I have slowly been gaining back (about 25 lbs/year). I have gone back to induction many times to try and restart things but I am lucky if I get a day or two of ketois. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to work. I am also hypothyroid and have been on med's for that condition for almost six years.

My wife thinks that my body has just become used to the low carb diet and that it has shut down. I am seriously considering going to a calorie counting diet but I don't think that will work for me. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks tommy-o

kanDi
Thu, Dec-27-07, 15:52
I don't think the ever gets "used" to the Atkins diet. The important thing is to commit to this new lifestyle change. Don't give up just because the weight isn’t coming off as quickly as you'd like. The key to success is commitment

Best wishes!