PDA

View Full Version : thyroid/polycystic ovarian disease????

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rachelstra
Sat, Mar-02-02, 08:46
Recently i stressed my concern about having hypothyroid due to my weight gain and overall symptoms. It turns out that i have poly cystic ovarian disease, not a thyroid problem. Apparently both can make u gain weight and share similar symptoms.

The doctors have put me on a low carb diet because it is hard to loose weight, just like it is for someone who has thyroid problems.
I find it interesting that ppl try to rip apart LC diets and say they are bad for u while doctors are telling there patients to go on them. Makes u think eh!

The important thing here is that i don't have to go back to carboyhdrates and i can stay on my WOE. But....... i just wont experience fast weight loss like others do.

Rachel

Carrot
Mon, Mar-18-02, 20:11
Rachelstra

I have similar problems. My doctor advised that I read "Tired of Being Tired" and "The Schwarzbein Principle". Both are excellent and I am now following the SP WOE. My cholesterol went down 65 points, blood sugar down 17 points and weight down 6 pounds. I wish the weight were faster, but at least it is on the down hill and all my other numbers have improved greatly.

Hang in there. I'm feeling better than ever.

carrot :wave: