PDA

View Full Version : Cool Low Carb MacDonalds treats!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LC_Dave
Sat, Mar-02-02, 01:43
Hey everyone!
Never on any diet have I had soo much Macdonalds!!
Usually if I miss out on breakfast I have two Sausage and eggs (without the buns).

Today I have one of the most yummiest things!

I asked for a McOz with extra meat and extra cheese and no sauce.
After removing the buns (when I sat down) I ate my lunch with plastic McDonalds fork and knives!
It was great!

Is anyone else a Maccas frequenter?
:D

CherylAust
Sat, Mar-02-02, 02:51
Dave,
I don't eat Maccas as much as I used to, but do enjoy the odd couple of McOz burgers, no bun of course. My husband can't believe it, I can eat McDonalds and still lose weight. I just give the buns to the kids, they make themselves a nugget or chip burger, no waste.

Cheryl

LC_Dave
Sat, Mar-02-02, 08:39
Ha ha!

I usually give my sausage and egg buns to my brother (who works with me).

He thinks it's great!

Dave :roll:

Deirdre
Sat, Mar-02-02, 13:30
Ok, you've got this Canadian curious - what is a McOz burger?

LC_Dave
Sat, Mar-02-02, 19:43
A McOz is a new burger - only about 2 years old.

It's like the McFeast - but with a slice of beetroot and grilled onions.

The got rid of the McFeast here is Australia - which I feel was a shame :(

:bash: :doah: :yay:

Deirdre
Sat, Mar-02-02, 22:36
OK, so what's a McFeast? Never heard of that one either!

LC_Dave
Sun, Mar-03-02, 00:19
A McFeast is a quarter pounder with cheese - with lettuce and tomatoe :)

CherylAust
Sun, Mar-03-02, 05:27
The McOz is based on the burgers that are sold in our take away food shops, traditionally they are a meat patty, lettuce, tomato, beetroot, onions and usually BBQ sauce. In my mind McDonalds burgers never were quite right, until they bought out the McOz of course.

Cheryl

Deirdre
Sun, Mar-03-02, 08:54
OK, now I'm just trying to figure out if beetroot is the same as beets here! That's not something I would ever think to put on a burger. Interesting how things are done differently in different countries!

Is this what you mean by a beetroot: (if this works I'm not sure how to attach a photo!)

Rosebud
Sun, Mar-03-02, 17:53
Yep, that looks like our beetroot.
In the fifties, it was considered a staple part of an Aussie salad - fresh out of the tin!
It's still pretty popular, especially as part of the salad on a hamburger.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

LC_Dave
Sun, Mar-03-02, 21:25
The beetroot we have on burgers is usually from the tin, which means the rough outer has been skinned and the beetroot is sliced thin and round like a tomatoe.

You can't have a good burger without one!

:) :thup:

LC_Dave

CherylAust
Mon, Mar-04-02, 04:40
We usually use beetroot on salads, below is how most of us buy it. I hope the photo attaches.

I remember mum used to make her own "just like tinned" beetroot, she cooked it in a vinegar and sugar mixture, I don't know what else she used. One time she forgot the sugar and dished it up, my eyes still water and I can feel myself sucking in my cheeks just thinking about it. She hasn't made it since.

Cheryl

CherylAust
Mon, Mar-04-02, 04:43
oops, sorry it's a bit big, can someone tell me how to make it smaller for future reference :confused:

Thanks Cheryl

MissBecca
Mon, Mar-04-02, 07:31
Gee Cheryl, that IS a big pic :)

I have to admit I haven't been to McDonalds since starting Atkins, but Hungry Jacks is a weekly event :) I prefer HJ's burgers anyway. I order a whopper with double beef, cheese and bacon, minus lettuce, tomato and pickle (I eat salad every lunchtime and I just like the NAUGHTY feel of a burger with no salad!) and then I take off the buns and eat that sucker :) Yum :)

I'm such a busy busy gal that I eat takeaway most nights of the week - it's just so much easier than cooking and I find the prep and washing up such a pain when I'm just cooking for one - can't be bothered. Strangely enough I do take my lunch to work but that's easy - I prepare salad on Sunday nights and pack it into five separate containers, add lots cubes of fetta and tasty cheese each morning, bung on some balsamic vinaigrette dressing (Paul Newman's - yum) and I'm away.

I might cook one or two nights, but mostly I have HJs, Red Rooster, Nandos and so on during the week - and I've lost 7kg since mid-January eating like this! On weekends I usually go out for dinner at least one night and make it a steak or fish with salad. Sometimes I go to a restaurant around the corner where they make a BIG field mushroom and stuff it with a cheesy, creamy mushroom sauce. YUMMO.

Rebecca

max_slorta
Wed, May-28-03, 18:12
In NZ wehave a kiwiburger which is God's gift to junk food.

Sounds alot like the MacOz but we also have an egg (yes a real egg) in ours. It is a seriously big burger and when I get under 110kg I am going to have one!!!!!

feather
Thu, May-29-03, 03:06
:roll: :roll: :roll:
You can have a kiwiburger now. Just chuck out the buns, and maybe the beetroot (sugar) if your feeling really fussy. Grab a salad knife and fork and dig in. I avoid MacD's cause I'm scared of the chips jumping in my face when I'm not looking.

city37
Fri, May-30-03, 09:43
Just wait until the local makkas opens its doors tomorrow!!! :p

macadamia
Sat, May-31-03, 02:27
We also have the Salsa Burger out at present , it's quite yum (buns removed of course!)

lizzylaw
Tue, Jun-03-03, 01:46
If you ask them, the nice people at McD's will make you a burger with no bun... so you get all the cheese and mayo, instead of some sticking to the bun!

kiwichick
Tue, Jun-03-03, 17:31
Beetroot in burgers is also a Kiwi way. The canned beetroot is cooked though, so it is soft. Yuck personally, I always throw my beetroot out :o