PDA

View Full Version : Chromium GTF

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shannie
Fri, Mar-01-02, 17:09
Hello everyone. I am new to the board and happy to be here. I have been on CAD for about a week and am having success. I am finding it difficult to eat much during the RM--my appetite is nonexistent.

Does anyone know anything about Chromium GTF? Is this mineral mentioned in CALP because it wasn't in CAD. Thanks for any info you can provide. Have a great weekend. :wave:

wawtigress
Sat, Mar-02-02, 06:05
If you read the book , it explains gft chromium under options. It gives the whole deal about each option.

offdawagon
Sat, Mar-02-02, 09:22
Hi Shannie and welcome to the forums! You will find a wealth of info in the book CALP in Ch. 6 concerning the GTF chromium. Chromium reportedly helps the body to utilize insulin properly and therefore to assimilate sugars and help use them for energy instead of turning them to fat. They really explain the mechanics of it very clearly in the book. I do think it's very important that you look for GTF chromium and not the piccolinate. It seemed to make a big difference for me, though some natural food stores and health food stores will try to tell you're the same. My understanding is that GTF chromium is a more natural form of the nutrient, and the picolinate has been processed and refined. I'm definitely not a nutritionist, so read up on it. This was a really great option for me. I could tell a difference in how my meals affected within 2 weeks of starting chromium. Very good luck to you and I hope to see you around! :wave:

shannie
Sat, Mar-02-02, 16:55
I think I am confusing CAD with CALP. I will buy the CALP book tonight. I assume it is similar to CAD.

Does anyone alternate between Atkins and CAD? Using CAD's principles and science, it seems that it wouldn't hurt to use the Atkins principles on some days. Basically, you would just be limiting your reward meal to almost no carbs. I don't see how that could hurt.

On work days, when i don't have any plans in the evening (except the gym), I find it easier to do Atkins. On weekends, it is easier to follow CAD because I usually go to dinner with friends.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Any feedback or advice?

Thanks again,
Shannie

:daze:

Libbyfcr
Mon, Mar-04-02, 16:17
Shannie,

Most of the time I have no appetite. Sometimes I have to remind myself to eat.....and eat right....... meaning..... getting enough carbs.

I track everything .....and I mean EVERYTHING in my journal. I have noticed that on the occasion that I have skipped dinner it hasn't made a bit of difference on the scales the next morning. It doesn't help me one bit and I am sure it isn't very good for my metabolism.

One nice thing about not being hungry any more. I make better choices in what I do eat. Nice isn't it?

best wishes,
Libby :wave:

offdawagon
Mon, Mar-04-02, 17:08
Libby, I had the same thing going on when I was faithfully practicing before. It was like CALP completely turned off the mechanism that told me to eat. Sometimes it would be 5 or 6 p.m. before my head would swim and I would remember that I hadn't eaten anything. Very strange for a person so very drawn to food. I learned toward the end of my first time around that I had to eat, even if it meant post-it notes to remind me. I ended up in ketosis when I was very near goal weight and lost 11 pounds in 9 days. Not good... So skipping meals really isn't healthy and never never never skip your reward meal.