PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LCalamari
Fri, Mar-01-02, 15:00
Hello Everyone
I just want to say hello :wave: I just found this site and think that it is simply amazing. I am on the Atkins diet since January 1, 2002 and still on it....doing great. I am proud of myself. If I can do it anyone can do it. All the best to all of you.....Happy weight loss to everyone.

razzle
Fri, Mar-01-02, 15:22
wow, what a fantastic loss in only two months! Whoo hoooo for ya! :)

Welcome to the site. Have fun looking around at all the great information here.

wbahn
Fri, Mar-01-02, 15:25
Welcome aboard! :wave:

You are doing FANTASTIC!

Keep up the great work. The forum is a wonderful place for support and your success will undoubtedly motivate and encourage many others.

Keep it up.

vincenza28
Sat, Mar-02-02, 17:53
I think thats great way to go. I just started this week can you giv e me some tips. What do you eat and what to stay away from. I was always a sweet eater so this diet is challenging for me.

LCalamari
Sat, Mar-02-02, 20:00
You will love the diet...especially when you visually see the results. The first 2 weeks I felt were the worse because you are just starting this diet and you are cutting out alot of your bad habits which for me were pasta, bread, potatoes, chips. Now 2 months later I feel great and am confident that I can lose the last 26 pounds that I want to meet my goal. I eat a variety of things:
chicken, fish, tuna, seafood, eggs, cheese, bacon, beef, veal, pork. I eat the lower carb vegetables like salads, celery, brocolli, asparagus. Stay away from carrots they are high in carbs. Of course also stay away from the breads, pastas, cereal, pizza and all that other yummy stuff. After 2 months of being on this diet I can honestly say that I don't get the cravings for any of the things that I used to love to eat like the pasta & breads. Especially the chips and all the other great junk food. My husband is sitting next to me here munching on some sour cream and onion bugles, and I am fine with it no temptations whatsoever, its unbelievable. I don't miss them at all. I have limited my carbohydrate intake to a maximum of 20-30 carbo grams per day. That seems to be working for me and its great. To be absolutely honest I haven't excercised as much as I would like to I have just had the odd walk here and there. You can do it!!! keep in touch