PDA

View Full Version : Another (Highly Motivated) Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TeriDoodle
Fri, Mar-01-02, 13:34
Hello all!

I am really, really impressed with this website and for all you out there who are so actively supporting each other. So inspiring!

My story is probably fairly typical.... I've been moderately overweight all of my life. After the birth of my daughter in 1994 I hit my all-time high of 188. I lost 36 lbs. using diet drugs but didn't want to go back down that road when I recently stepped on the scale and saw I was 6 lbs. away from that horrid 188 again! I put on the brakes and said "That's IT!!"

After reading more about Atkins diet, I knew it was the one for me. I am hypoglycemic and must have my protein!! I have absolutely zero success with traditional low-fat diets. So here I am and I am READY! I started yesterday and doing great!

Looking forward to making new friends and linking arms in this goal of a healthy lifestyle!

Blessings,
Terry

gwilson38
Fri, Mar-01-02, 13:52
Im sure U will be very pleased with low-carbing. I too am hypoglycemic and find that my blood sugar doesnt go out of wack anymore. This is a great forum glad to have U aboard!!

razzle
Fri, Mar-01-02, 15:09
welcome, Terry! great to have you here.

congratulations on not getting all the way back to your highest-ever weight before slamming the brakes on. And it does sound as if LCing is going to be the right way of eating for you. :) Keep reading on the board, keep posting, and enjoy your journey.

wbahn
Fri, Mar-01-02, 15:10
Welcome aboard! :wave:

Sounds like Lc'ing is probably just the ticket for you.

Be sure to follow the plan you've chosen, to drink lots of water and to interact with people on the forum to learn all you can about what to expect - both good and bad. I highly recommend starting a journal here - they are amazingly helpful.

TeriDoodle
Fri, Mar-01-02, 15:54
Thanks so much for your greeting! I look forward to seeing you around!

wbahn
Fri, Mar-01-02, 17:09
Hopefully, as time goes by, I won't be quite as "a round" for people to see. :lol: