PDA

View Full Version : "I'm going to lose this extra weight and keep it off!"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dedee62
Sat, Dec-15-07, 21:40
Hi, my name is Diana. I am 45 yrs. old and married. I semi started learning and doing low-carb this last week. But I've decided I might need to get myself a little more educated on the whole thing before I really just make the total change in my lifestyle. Plus the holidays weren't the best time to start. I have decided to start on Jan. 1. It will also be easier to track my results on a monthly basis. Plus DH and I are getting a membership at the local Y so I can incorporate strenth training as well.

I want to thank you for all your informative posts. I think with the knowledge I've received through reading the original Atkins book, DANDR, and from you wonderful folks here I will be able to make this a lifestyle change.

Every year I plan to lose weight for summer, but this year I'm dead serious "I'm going to lose this extra weight and keep it off!" :agree:

swingdance
Sat, Dec-15-07, 22:26
Welcome Diana!

The holidays I think are a rough place to start..going thru induction with the big 'Christmas feast' only a little over a week away, could be very tough.

Congrats on setting your mind to it in Jan, though

CrazyTree
Sat, Dec-15-07, 22:27
Welcome D! I'm new to the boards also. Good Luck on your Journey to Super HOtness! :)

Kisal
Sat, Dec-15-07, 23:27
Welcome, Diana! It's nice to have you with us! :)

geobuilder
Sat, Dec-15-07, 23:50
Great you made a positive decision in your life. :agree: Start now by removing some carbohydrates from you way of eating. I started in June by removing sugar and flour.

Good Luck! :thup: Jim

pinkstars
Sun, Dec-16-07, 12:57
you can do it. keep that mind set!