PDA

View Full Version : under 100!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stilldeb
Fri, Mar-01-02, 12:12
Hi, all, and welcome to the new members - Brianna, pyeeye, everybody. Isn't this just the best place to be?

I was changing my profile just now, both to reflect my true starting weight, including before my brief "vacation", because I only gained 5 pounds in the meantime - because, hey, I worked hard on those pounds! - and also to show my two pound WEIGHT LOSS this week (yay!). Anyway, that's when I noticed...with my goal weight at 140 pounds, I now have less than 100 pounds to lose! I AM excited about that, but that doesn't mean I have to leave this teriffic forum, does it, seeing as how I'm not technically triple digits anymore?

:confused:

tamarian
Fri, Mar-01-02, 13:16
Congrats on the loss!

No, we'll just consider you a graduate :) I've lost over a 100 lbs, and think I have less than 100 lbs to go, but I'm still a tripple digit loser ;)

Wa'il

briannajoy
Fri, Mar-01-02, 18:08
Debbie,

WTG!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

You should be proud! Getting under that 100 mark. And thanks for the welcome as well! We can do this, day by day, and know that you have people here to talk to for support and whatnot. It's great. Be proud of yourself :)

Love yourself :)

*hugs*

Brianna :wave:

briannajoy
Fri, Mar-01-02, 18:10
Debbie,

I don't know about the other people in the Triple Digit Club but I think it would be great if you stayed in this club (even though you graduated) it seems like you got close to some of the people here and I see no reason why you should move to another club. Of course it's up to you ;) but I'm gonna stay in this club, even after I graduate, the people here are just too nice

*hugs*

:)

Brianna :wave:

stilldeb
Sat, Mar-02-02, 11:39
You're right, Brianna...they are just the best group, and I can't imagine leaving, so I'm staying!

Congratulations on not weighing as much as you thought you did the other day! What a nice surprise!

:yay:

starlite
Sat, Mar-02-02, 21:50
Give yourself a bit ol' pat on the back from me, too okay?!? I'm a newbie, but think you should stick around too - what better experience could one have but to have been there! you'd be a terrific inspiration for others - well, you already are!

odd sock
Sat, Mar-09-02, 06:43
I read your post last week and thought the very same thing of myself. I find this particular forum so inspirational that I certainly don't want to leave it behind. I think part of it is that all of us with the 100+ to lose have a certain knowlege of shared experiences that others may not recognise or understand even when supportive.

Well, I join you now on the other side of that 100 to lose. Even in the celebration there is something hard to describe. It is like very small children around the age of 2 when they have discovered the joy of escape in their new-found ability to walk. They will have a sudden burst of walking/running, but after a certain distance [studies have been done on this!] they always turn around to make sure the ones they trust and love are still there watching them. I am happy to see you all, to have the security of this group, when I turn around.

When I get to my goal weight a year or so hence, I will probably still be checking in!

Victoria
Sat, Mar-09-02, 11:04
Odd Sock,
I love your analogy of the toddler looking back at their parents for security. I know that I am close to being under 100 pounds...only 10 pounds to go. :yay: But I think I will always relate to the Triple Digit Club more than the other groups. There's something very comfortable about talking to those who have had so much to lose. A hundred and thirty pounds to lose is way different than 30 pounds to lose. Well, Deb, I'm glad you are going to stick around. Besides, I think it's encouraging to us when we see someone succeed and get down below 100 pounds. IT CAN BE DONE!! :thup: Victoria

starlite
Mon, Mar-11-02, 21:16
I love your analogy of the toddler looking back at their parents for security.

I love that, too - it's perfect! :)

fleadogs
Wed, Mar-20-02, 04:27
Just weighed this morning and I have just slipped under the 100 mark. By one pound... I don't dare get back on the scales because it might tell me something I don't want to hear! Tell you the truth I don't find it tremendously thrilling... With this WOE and exercising I _knew_ that I would get this far, it's making goal that seems such a long way off. I have a mini goal of getting below 200. I want to cut my hair and I'm going to wait till then. It's driving me crazy but want something to look forward to that's not FOOD related. Not to mention that I'll feel better about myself and my hair on the same day... It makes me warm all over just thinking about it!

I usually do a lot of lurking, everyone is sooo good about posting such great responses, I seldom want to take up bandwidth and post a me too. But I want to thank this group. It was really hard to admit that I had triple digits to lose, and seeing others with the same issues or more and succeeding is really inspiring. Thanks again and I'm eager to read about your successes, not to mention all your problems. I feel that reading in this group has really helped to shape my WOE and given me a bit extra incentive to do those things that are good for me!

Best of Luck to All of Us!

ldypgmr
Thu, Mar-21-02, 19:55
Way to go girlfriend....I am 35 pounds away from having lost 100 pounds, which is for all intents and purposes my half way point in loosing 200 pounds!

I am going to have a half-off party when I get there. Have you considered doing something like this?

C O N G R A T S!!!!!

Dee :wave: