PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sissi
Mon, Dec-10-07, 16:17
Hi! I'm new to this forum. I lost 40 lbs on Kimkins and started Atkins in September. I have stalled since then. It's so frustrating! :help:

I've read up on other plans such as Protein Power and Groves, but they seem to be pretty much the same.

I keep my net carbs under 20 and eat a high % of fat. I only have about 30 lbs to go.

So, that's my story! If anyone has any good suggestions, I'm all ears. :wave:

Judynyc
Mon, Dec-10-07, 16:32
Hi! I'm new to this forum. I lost 40 lbs on Kimkins and started Atkins in September. I have stalled since then. It's so frustrating! :help:

I've read up on other plans such as Protein Power and Groves, but they seem to be pretty much the same.

I keep my net carbs under 20 and eat a high % of fat. I only have about 30 lbs to go.

So, that's my story! If anyone has any good suggestions, I'm all ears. :wave:

Hi and Welcome! :wave:

It would help if you post a few days of your menus so that you can get good feedback. Also, if you are eating any bars or high sodium foods, that can be a problem too.
Water? How much per day?
protein?
veggies?

Wifezilla
Mon, Dec-10-07, 16:34
Hi Sissi,

If you were doing Kimkins, it may take a while for your metabolism to heal. Don't panic.

Do your take your measurements as well as weigh yourself?

I ask because my weight has also stalled but I am still losing inches.

There are a few things you could try to see if it shakes things up and gets you out of your stall....

* Cut out all artificial sweeteners. Try it for a week and see if that makes a difference.

* Make your protein red meat. This is reported to help the waist line go down.

* Eliminate dairy. This is reported to stall some people.

* Make sure you are getting enough calories. Too few WILL put you in a starvatin mode.

* Get plenty of leafy greens.

* Try coconut oil. 2-4 tbsp/day has helped people, but with others, it stalls them.

Whatever you do, don't try changing a bunch of things at once. Try one thing at a time...and again...don't panic.

Kisal
Tue, Dec-11-07, 12:35
Welcome, Sissi! I'm glad you're here with us! :)

pennink
Tue, Dec-11-07, 13:00
It happened to me after Kimkins, too. But it does get better.

Watch your cheese, too. I wouldn't use coconut oil just yet, imo. I can't use it now without gaining. But ymmv.

kimkins is a horrible, starvation plan. Your body needs a break. give it time to repair. You'll be going great guns again, trust me!

Sissi
Tue, Dec-11-07, 19:02
Thanks everyone! I know kk was bad. And I was one of those people who followed her instructions to the letter :bash: So, how long does it take for one's body to heal after something like that?

I usually eat a one minute muffin with butter for breakfast. Lunch is meat or fish with salad. Dinner is meat with a veggie. It ends up to be between 1400-1600 calories a day with high fat and moderate protein.

I think I've been patient. I guess I need to be more patient. :D

Wifezilla
Tue, Dec-11-07, 20:33
Your calorie count sounds pretty good...and so does your fat/protein ratio.

It can take MONTHS for your metabolism to heal. Again, take your measurements. You aren't really in a stall unless you ALSO stop losing inches.

Patience grasshopper!