PDA

View Full Version : Norma-June's Journey

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carberrier
Thu, Feb-28-02, 18:12
Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/stories/story004.html HI, my name is connie and I read your story and others and want so bad to try this WOL. I am afraid to start for failing. I have failed so many times before. I bought the book of low carbing and have read it several times. I do not know where or how to start.
Please email me and help me.

:confused:

AngelaR
Sun, Mar-03-02, 06:44
Hi, there's a newbie forum here where you can post your questions. Getting started is a bit scarey, but once you view it as going back to basics, it's really easy.

Newbie Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/f110/)

liv
Mon, Mar-04-02, 09:42
Hi carberrier!

You're not alone in having tried zillions of times... sooner or later you'll try and succeed... you surely won't if you stop trying!!!

Food's much more than nutrition: it's consolation, it's a friend, it's nice to us when everyone else isn't... and it's really hard to do away with.

So go for it! And don't beat yourself up too much about mistakes ...

All the best
Liv

carberrier
Mon, Mar-04-02, 19:19
:wave: Thanks so much for replying your support and encouragement mean alot to me. Well I am almost thru my first day and have eaten every meal and only have used 8 carbs. Is that OK? I am satisfied. Please keep in touch.

liv
Tue, Mar-05-02, 01:36
Hi Connie!

No problem ... we're all here for the same reason!! You're doing really good: 8 carbs is pretty low! I know that the first few days one tends to be very zealous and eat as few carbs as possible, but my advice is don't overdo it because you might get sick of it ... just eat what you know you can and relax .. the WOE works, it really does, sometimes there are stalls, sometimes you blow it... but don't let it get you down, just keep bashing along!

Be proud of even the small losses, because a small loss, or even a stall is better than a gain, and that's what it would have been if we weren't eating like this wouldn't it? And especially be proud of yourself, because a desire to change, to be healthier, to look and feel better is already in itself a great trait and is the first step on the road to freedom from complexes, ill health and depression... and especially freedom from slavery to food!

As far as your water and treadmill are concerned give yourself little goals and feel good for achieving them: decide to have a glass of water for breakfast, and one before lunch etc. and then when you're sed to it, get a bigger glass. Even drinking water is a habit which takes time to form ... and doing the treadmill is a pain in the butt but after, don't you just feel like WonderWoman? A sweaty one anyway ...

Good luck Connie, keep in touch ...

Liv

carberrier
Tue, Mar-05-02, 06:52
:spin: Well here I go on my second day. The first thing I did this morning was to check my computer to see if I had any mail. I am glad I heard from you. Those words of encouragement are the greatest gift of the day. They keep me moving and trying to do my best. I even had dreams of food last night. We had one steak leftover from the night before and I thought that would be a good supper for me, so I ate it and my husband came home and said where is the steak, I said I ate it because I am suppose to. Then he ask if he could have tuna fish and I said no thats my lunch. He said hey your on the diet and I do not have anything to eat. I told him oh well. Ha ha. So I felt bad and got him out some vegetable soup. Well better get ready for work, but I needed the words of encouragement. thanks so very much. It means alot to me.

barkizzy
Sun, Nov-02-03, 14:57
Hi! I was really impressed with Norma-Jean's Story. I've just signed up and I could relate with her since I'm also a grandma with 11 grandchildren. Same problem...Stated gaining at forty ( part of it was due to anti-depressants and other drugs ) and have fought the battle of the bulge since! Recently, I have also quit smoking which didn't help so now I am 25 lbs. more than what I should be. I've tried Atkins but I've had problems with brain fog and constipation. Don't have much willpower either!
Help!
!

Ghost
Fri, Nov-07-03, 18:31
Wow! You look great!

I sympathize with you about corn season. I grew up in a small town in Southwestern Ontario & we had the annual corn fest there. I was on induction during this years corn season & have to admit that I cheated with a few sweet tender cobs dripping with butter. Ahhhhh well could have been worse.

Keep up the great work!