PDA

View Full Version : Just want to say hi and make new friends on my weight lost journey!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pecanrican
Wed, Dec-05-07, 17:37
:wave: Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum and just want to say hi. i am starting the Atkins diet tomorrow and will follow a copy of one ofthe Atkin's books. I just need some support from others on this diet and motivation to keep me going! I don't look very overweight but I am and want to lose 25 lbs. I am a size 9-11 in pants. If anyone wants to be my buddy or just correspond with me let me know or just let me know if it is ok to ask you any questions as I would like to know about other peoples experiences on this idet. Does anyone know any good hair product (prefer a shampoo)that will prevent hair loss as I already have very fine hair and many people who lose weight are having hair loss issues. It scares me!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wpZ0lJ7/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wpZ0lJ7/)

Kisal
Wed, Dec-05-07, 20:39
Welcome to the forums! I don't think you need to worry too much about losing hair on Atkins. I haven't experienced that, anyway.

A good way to make friends here is to start a Journal. You can visit and post in the Journals of members you think you might like to know better, and other members will visit your journal, as well. :) You'll find the instructions at this link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187389

Best wishes to you! :wave:

Delancey
Wed, Dec-05-07, 22:25
Welcome, Pecanrican! Lots of luck! And I haven't noticed any hair loss either.

Brandy23
Wed, Dec-05-07, 22:33
Hi Pecan. So nice to have a newbie. Well I'll tell you my little short story since your wanting someones experence.
I was on this diet 6 months ago I lost 32 pounds in 6 weeks.
I had to stop the diet because we were having to go to my in-laws house all the time which was 2 hours away. My father-in-law was terribly sick. So since June I have been off of this diet. However I am starting back in January. I wish you all the luck in the world. Also I read where you said u had the atkins low carb book? Keep that handy at all times. I did anyway. Everyone kept telling me to get a book because I had so many questions, just about every question I had, that book answered. Good Luck
P.S, Stop by my journal sometime all u have to do is look at the bottom pf peoples posts and you'll see journal and that will take you to their journal,
Love you all Brandy

jenifaohje
Wed, Dec-05-07, 23:02
I need a buddy too. I am on the atkins plan and I am having some success. I would love to hear your story. Did you start a journal???

SunDrop
Thu, Dec-06-07, 11:18
Hi there and welcome - we've got a little group of no-pressure, no challenges, just friendly chat and motivation thread started in the buddies and challenges forum called Solidarity Sisters. I'll go get the link for you all. We love having new members, most of us are and the more the merrier!

Here's the link :) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=356455)

pecanrican
Thu, Dec-06-07, 13:37
Jenifaohje, I din't start a journal but I will now that I know about it. I will be checking out others peoples journals as well. If anyone ever wants to talk.I practically live online LOL. You can reach me on Yahoo Messenger.My screenname is msricantrophy.

ericajones
Thu, Dec-06-07, 14:52
welcome...good luck with the lo-carb!

susiew
Thu, Dec-06-07, 17:46
Does anyone know any good hair product (prefer a shampoo)that will prevent hair loss as I already have very fine hair and many people who lose weight are having hair loss issues. It scares me!

I've heard some folks say they take biotin, but I'm not sure that a shampoo would make any difference. I'd just make sure to follow the plan as it was written and not go into starvation mode as one of the more tweaked versions of Atkins apparently advocated and some of those poor folks lost hair.

Goat Lady
Thu, Dec-06-07, 20:46
Welcome and Good Luck! :)

pecanrican
Fri, Dec-07-07, 22:18
Thank you guys for all the welcomes. Will be letting you know how my induction is going and starting a journal.My first official day of induction was today.Wasn't to hungry. :p