PDA

View Full Version : Atkins Diet... with a lap band

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

patricia55
Sat, Dec-01-07, 10:39
Hi..My name is Patricia and I'm from South Texas. I had a lap band March 23, 2006 and have lost over 40 lbs...Starting weight was 225. This morning I weighed 178....my lowest weight was last month at 162, so I have gained...I had gotten Pnemonia and had my band loosened, so now I am finding myself hungry and am needing to get on a diet plan...I have had success with Atkins in the past and so I decided to choose it because I need the protien and I need not to fill hungry...and I need to learn how to eat for the rest of my life...So...I need support to help me get down to my goal...I plan on starting walking today....I need to exercise...

Teri.RN
Sat, Dec-01-07, 10:48
Welcome Patricia,

You have come to the right place for support. Congrats on losing weight and recommitting to Atkins.

Teri

Karenemt
Sat, Dec-01-07, 10:57
Hi Patricia and congrats on all the weight you've lost so far. The Atkins diet sounds perfect for you and I wish you lots of success. There are so many helpful people on this site :)

SunDrop
Sat, Dec-01-07, 17:30
Welcome :) If you don't feel up to a challenge just yet, come and say hi at our new Solidarity Sisters thread on the buddy/challenge board. There is no challenge at all, just somewhere to chat and motivate, be motivated and help keep yourself and others going. We'd love some new posters :)

Solidarity Sisters Thread (http://forums.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=356455)

Tish