PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Time Around

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Teri.RN
Wed, Nov-28-07, 21:09
Hello Everyone! :wave:

I am new to the site and have been lurking for a couple days. This site is WONDERFUL and I wish I had this resource a few years ago when I first started Atkins.

About 3 years ago I started Atkins and lost 30 1bs on induction but I was bored with snacking on boiled eggs. So I began eating “store brought” protein bars and sugar free candies thinking these items were safe. Not! I gained the 30 lbs back within 4 months and became VERY depressed due to feeling ashamed about regaining the weight.

Last month I started getting horrible pain while bending my left knee and walking downstairs. I became scared and knew it was due to re-gaining the weight. Finally I found the motivation to recommit to Atkins and started exercising at least 45mins/5x a week. This is week4 and the knee pain is gone. In addition to that, by the end of the second week on induction I had lost 9 pounds. :)

Thanks everyone for your help and support.

Teri

EyeBelieve
Wed, Nov-28-07, 21:45
Hi Teri.RN, I am new also, great job on losing the 9 pounds, that is sure great.

Teri.RN
Wed, Nov-28-07, 21:51
Thank you EyeBelieve! Nice to meet you.

Good luck...we CAN lose the weight!!! :thup:

Teri

respira
Thu, Nov-29-07, 09:58
welcome back to Atkins...I too was on Atkins 3 years ago. I was 5'2 and 165 lbs. (this is obese for that height). I got down to 140, but then some medical problems erupted and I went off the diet...luckily I did not gain much back in the years that passed. I started Atkins again this past August, and now I am within a few lbs. of my goal weight. Atkin's is the best..no doubt about it. Good luck!

Kisal
Fri, Nov-30-07, 00:05
Welcome, Teri! It's nice to meet you! :)

Teri.RN
Sat, Dec-01-07, 09:46
This forum is so inspiring and just what I need to stay committed and motivated. :thup:

Respira your results are amazing and I wish you continued success.

Kasal your stats are great, too. WOW!!!!

I am down 2 more pounds (yes!) and I couldn’t have done it without the information I obtain from this forum.

Nice to meet everyone and bless ALL of you!!!!!

Teri :wave: