PDA

View Full Version : new low carber looking for support

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

montanama
Tue, Nov-27-07, 20:44
Hi, I'm pretty new to this low carb lifestyle. I've been following the Atkins plan for about 2 months now. I've lost a fair amount of weight but am finding it increasingly hard to not "cheat" and it feels like it could be the beginning of the dreaded slippery slop back to my old habits. Today was a bad day...so I've decided to look for some online buddies to help me through my tough times and who I can help out by doing the same for them. Also, any advice and/or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance to any responses.

kevsmama
Tue, Nov-27-07, 21:17
I have been there and done that. This time around I eat when I want to, but basically stick to the lo-carb stuff, that way even if or when I over do it it isn't so bad. Keep cream cheese on hand always I eat it when I want something sweet-mix it with sugar free dry jello or walden farms chocolate syrup is wonderful, pork rinds for when you want something crunchy or salty, even a few nuts work. How about sugar free jello-the little cups are spendy but they are also handy to take with you. Heavy cream is your friend and can be used in lots of ways. Check out the recipes in the forum-the 3 minute chocolate cake is wonderful and I substitute flax meal for the almond meal which brings the carbs down even lower! You can do it and just take 1 day at a time.

Kisal
Tue, Nov-27-07, 22:33
Welcome to the forums! Nice to have you here! :)

Check out the Kitchen forum here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2

And this site, too:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

There are so many wonderful lc recipes available now, there's no need to ever be bored with your food choices! :wave:

niarion
Wed, Nov-28-07, 12:44
Welcome, you've come to the right place for support.

finngal
Wed, Nov-28-07, 13:38
Make yourself a journal!!

This keeps you posting about what you're thinking and there's plenty of us here who will join you in your thoughts.

Pop into mine anytime and drop a line if you'd like a buddy! :wave:

montanama
Thu, Nov-29-07, 10:20
kevsmama...
Thanks so much for the awesome tips! Really just what I needed. Three Minute chocolate cake??? Wow, who knew! I'm going to make that today.

Kisal....Will most definately check out the links for the recipes. Boredom with my choices and a sever lack of creativity on my part with my food prep is definately a drawback of mine. These will help!

Niarion...Thanks for the friendly hello. I really do feel like I've come to the right place and am already feeling the love!

Finngal...I think that getting a journal going is great advice. I definately think having a place to voice my progress and setbacks would do me a great amount of good. I will definately give yours a visit. I would love a buddy! Where do I go to get one started?

SunDrop
Thu, Nov-29-07, 11:06
Hi there and welcome!

Looking for a buddy - whether just the one or a whole forum full - is definately a good idea! In fact, I think I'm going to go and start a 'Solidarity Sisters' challenge in a minute, because I'd really like to have a regular, chatty group to be a part of, so hop over to the challenge section and say hi :)

I'm 3.5 weeks into Atkins and it's my 3rd time. I'm lucky enough to have a high metabolism, apparently, so can get away with drinking diet soda. And if I have a craving for something sweet, that's exactly what I do. It's SO sweet now, it alleviates the craving and keeps me away from all those taunting desserts that got me in trouble in the first place!

montanama
Fri, Nov-30-07, 15:02
Hi Sundrop....I think the Solidarity Sisters challenge is a great idea. I will most definately drop in....if I can find it! I'm still so new to this forum. Thanks for encouraging words and advice! Would love to visit with you more.