PDA

View Full Version : Back From Training

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JessieArmy
Sun, Nov-25-07, 10:45
I've been a member here since about July but I was away training with the Army and didn't have access to Internet for almost 3 months. I am still in training but have a computer now.
I put on about 15 pounds in the past 3 months and it scares me! I am going back to being fit since it's also part of my job. I live with a roommate who has the worst eating habits and doesn't like to exercise much at all ( she's also in the Army ).
I initially lost over 90 pounds just to get in the Military so weight has always been an issue to me.
Anyway, I am glad I am back here...!

SunDrop
Sun, Nov-25-07, 11:39
Welcome back!

I imagine that some of that weight is going to be muscle, if your training was at all PT (as opposed to theoretical) and the diet, if anything like the British Army mess diet going back 15 years (last time I experienced it) is gonna be carb-laden.

But you're back and I'm sure committed - good luck :)

Kisal
Sun, Nov-25-07, 14:53
Welcome back! It's great that you were able to achieve your goal and get into the military! As far as those extra pounds go, SunDrop is right in that a lot of it could be muscle. Still, it's always wise not to let things get out of control. You've succeeded before, and you will do it again! :cheer:

JessieArmy
Sun, Nov-25-07, 15:04
Welcome back! It's great that you were able to achieve your goal and get into the military! As far as those extra pounds go, SunDrop is right in that a lot of it could be muscle. Still, it's always wise not to let things get out of control. You've succeeded before, and you will do it again! :cheer:
Hey there... the only reason why I know it's not muscles is because my jeans don't fit me anymore and my bras have gotten small again ( Oops TMI hehehe).
I am determined to lose weight again. I want to get down to 150 or so. I have no choice..!

Tha300spar
Sun, Nov-25-07, 18:08
Hello, I'm currently in the process of trying to lose weight so I can join the navy. welcome back :)

Tiffanylip
Sun, Nov-25-07, 18:15
Welcome back Jessie! I'm sure you'll be able to drop down to 150. You've already shown your dedication to lose weigh once. Now that you're back from training I am assuming you'll have more control over your diet, so you can jump right back in to LCing.