PDA

View Full Version : I want to low Carb for life!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

latanya05
Fri, Nov-23-07, 05:02
Hi everybody I am really glad that I hve found this forum the support here seems really good. I have tried many diets, in fact its not losing the weight that is the problem for me its the keeping it off! I have decided to change my whole lifestyle as I recently have made a lot of changes in other areas of my life. Having a bikini body is the one of my long time dreams but through my love of junk food my "on diet" and "off diet" mentality I have never stuck to a plan for more than two months. I am making a change however I am currently weighing in at 201lb which is way too much for my 5'6" frame. I am doing the full change of lifestyle thing jogging in the park in the morning, weight training and the Atkins diet. Any tips? feel free to pm me

Ciske
Fri, Nov-23-07, 06:21
Welcome!!! You will find a lot of information around here.

I'm doing Atkins for almost 3 months now. The first time a lost a bunch or weight, but gained it al back because I started eating too many carbs. This time I realize it must be a commitment for life. At this moment I don't even miss bread, potatoes and rice.

You will make it. I know you can!!!

Wifezilla
Fri, Nov-23-07, 12:15
Low carb is the only thing I have ever been able to stick with. I think I could do this the rest of my life without too much trouble.

Kisal
Fri, Nov-23-07, 13:03
Welcome! :wave:

xv1942
Sat, Nov-24-07, 17:25
Hi latanya05,

The wife and I found that doing Low Carb is not that hard. I does take a bit of determination but we found that the first three days were the toughest. After that it was pretty much downhill. We did learn that not eating enough fats and protein leads to hunger. So eat larger portions than you normally would and you won't be hungry and you'll still magically lose weight.

xv1942