PDA

View Full Version : Hi To Everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

VANESSA80
Fri, Nov-23-07, 02:19
HI MY NAME IS VANESSA AND I'M ITALIAN

I'M STARTING THE SOUTH BEACH DIET JUST TODAY!!!

I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS:

DO YOU COUNT HOW MUCH CARBS DO YOU EAT?

YESTERDAY I TOOK IN SUPERMARKET SOME COLD TURKEY, AND I SAW TODAY IN THE INGREDIENT LIST THAT IT CONTAINS SOME SACCAROSIO (SUGAR).

i DON'T KNOW IF I CAN EAT IT. CARBS ARE 5 PER 100%.

I'M NEW AND I HOPE TO DO THINGS WELL.

I SAW THE DIET AND I WAS THINKING THAT THERE IS MUCH TO EAT. IT IS SURE THAT I CAN LOOSE WEIGHT?

SORRY FOR MY MISTAKES.

I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON AND LEARN MUCH FROM YOU

CIAO,

VANESSA

Kisal
Fri, Nov-23-07, 12:59
Welcome, Vanessa! It's nice to have you here with us! :)

I'm not doing South Beach, but I think, in general, it's best to avoid foods that contain sugar. I'm sure you could find your answer on the South Beach forum here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143

VANESSA80
Mon, Nov-26-07, 03:41
Thank You Very Much For Your Help.
You Are Really Kind,

Ciao,

Vanessa

SunDrop
Mon, Nov-26-07, 13:30
Welcome Vanessa - hope you've found an answer to your question :)

SrarVista
Tue, Nov-27-07, 11:26
There are a couple of ways to deal with the small amount of carbs. 5/100. 1. Don't worry about it because it doesn't hurt in my opinion unless the overall ratio of protein to carbs is increased significantly.

2. Take a few caps of Cinnamon (3) or chromium polynicotinate (GTF) chromium to offset the blood suger effect of the carbs.

3. You can use a "carb blocker" made from white kidney beans. It actually causes malabsorption of the carbs.

Good luck on the Diet!

Rose