PDA

View Full Version : help, Hellerites!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

razzle
Wed, Feb-27-02, 16:15
a gal at work today said something about my weight loss and as I was describing LC plans, it sounded like she'd be willing to try CAD/CALP. I told her to get the book, of course, but check me on my memory of what I did summarize for her--I haven't read CAD in over a year now. Did I tell her right?

3 meals...two of them one third protein, one third salad, one third dense veggies (?--this is the part that worries me...is it just half and half, protein and veggies?)

third meal "rewards meal" eaten within one hour -- one third protein, one third salad, one third any carb food. Can be a huge meal--with both potatoes and dessert, say, if you keep the 1/3 1/3 1/3 proportions intact.

snacks are protein/veggie only

thanks in advance

Scottty
Wed, Feb-27-02, 19:41
Well, considering you haven't looked at the book in a year....I guess that's not too bad...but, there aren't many rules to CAD/CALP....and when they are not right....it definitely does effect your results :daze:

To clarify what you have said:

the 2 LC meals should be 1/2 protein, 1/2 veggies

the RW meals begins with a salad, THEN, you go 1/3 each with LC veggies, protein, and carbs (of your choice).

LC snacks are only allowed if you are losing more than 2 lbs per week.

I'm glad you recommended your friend get the book. The above info is really all I would give someone to without them then reading the entire book to see if this WOL is for them.

razzle
Wed, Feb-27-02, 20:57
thanks, scotty!

I felt so guilty about not knowing (jeepers, if I set myself up as the local LC expert, I should know the basics of the plans!) that I went to the library and checked out CALP. Lucky trip, too--they had the new Fran McCullough book, which I've wanted to read in its entirety. :)