PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Here I Go.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

armywifenz
Sat, Nov-17-07, 23:51
Hello all. I am back to the tried and tested way to lose weight, low carb. I last chose this way of eating about two years ago and was happily successful. I have unfortunately put on quite a bit of the weight again, must be the king size chocolate bars I eat every night :(. Anyway I have one question for you all, is it true that once you have done low carb before it is not as effective the second time around? I found that eating low carb really kept me full and happy, so have my fingers crossed that I will be successful again !

I look forward to getting to know you all.

LOL79
Sun, Nov-18-07, 00:33
Happy low carbing!

I did it for 6-8 weeks, and then stopped when I got pregnant. Started over 9 months later and a bit heavier, and have had good results with no difference in results.

bob2112
Sun, Nov-18-07, 08:19
Welcome aboard.

Kisal
Sun, Nov-18-07, 14:56
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to have you here! :)

Wifezilla
Sun, Nov-18-07, 15:34
Well, if you did it, fell off the wagon and then came back...you will be older the second time :D

Age does play a part. But some people have reported no issues with returning to lc...others have said it is harder.

armywifenz
Sun, Nov-18-07, 18:41
Thanks for your replies - second day started and have just had tuna salad for lunch and it was damn good!

mermaiden9
Sun, Nov-18-07, 19:38
This is my second time around on low carb and I have found it to be even more effective than before.

I think my resolve is stronger this time and I've educated myself a bit more.

Also, this forum has been an invaluable resource and has helped to keep me focused.