PDA

View Full Version : Here AGAIN...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jenWI
Thu, Nov-15-07, 10:19
I'm here to introduce myself AGAIN. I've been on and off the bandwagon many times. I sucessfully lost over 30 lbs twice after having children, and the weight has just crept up on me over the last few years.

I've made the decision that I'm not looking at this like a diet for the first time, but my new way of life...I've "said that before" but I don't think I'd actually believed it. My health is starting to deteriorate (at 32 years) and I have problems with migraines and hypoglycemia which have both been improved with low-carbing in the past.

For some reason, I've just never given myself the same respect as I do my family when it comes to eating/taking care of myself. I've decided that it's time to do that.

I've left the Halloween candy alone for over a week...that has to count as something, lol. I've only been low-carbing for less than a week, and I feel great already. (After a few lousy days) I'm going to make sure that I don't let the scale dictate my mood as far as my eating goes. I KNOW it works in the lon-run, and my health is worth it. In the past, I would just give up when I lost 10 lbs or so, or had a slow week. I made excuses for holidays or special events/ vacations. I'm done with that. I even told relatives that I can't stay very long at Thanksgiving since I wouldn't be able to eat correctly while I'm there.

Anyway, hello, :wave: , and I'll stop now since I've gone on long enough.

Jenn

dearmommy
Thu, Nov-15-07, 10:22
Hi Jenn,

Welcome to the forum. No matter how often I mess up(all the time) I always come back to lowcarb. My body knows where it needs to be. Too bad my mind has a mind of its own, lol.

2ndtimer
Thu, Nov-15-07, 13:30
Welcome. I'm also a newbie here, but tried Atkins 4 years ago and lost 20 pounds. Then I got pregnant and listened to all the scary info about low carbing and pregnancy and nursing. I gained it all back plus 30 more.

Like you, I'm back, but this isn't a diet. This is the WOE forever for me now. I've learned my lesson.

Anyway, happy low carbing. Hope to see you around the boards. :wave:

jenWI
Fri, Nov-16-07, 08:23
Thanks so much!!

ruthla
Fri, Nov-16-07, 08:33
Welcome back!

I've only been doing this since July, but I've already figured out how to handle the holidays (as the main Jewish holidays were in September.)

For holiday meals, I ate the best I could, but I did enjoy a few carb-rich treats (ie, one small treat per meal.) Then, when the holidays were over, I went back to my normal eating pattern. I didn't "go back on my diet" or "start dieting again"- I went back to "eating normally."

A single higher-carb meal isn't going to mess you up. But, if that one meal turns into 'well, it's the holiday weekend, I can eat what I want..." that's another story!

At thanksgiving you can have turkey and some of the vegetables- maybe bring along a nut platter to be served with the desserts?

I'll be having thanksgiving with just my immediate family, and I'm doing the cooking, so I don't need to worry about the holiday table being full of innapropriate foods. Which reminds me, I need to go hunt down an LC cranberry sauce recipe....

Kisal
Fri, Nov-16-07, 15:32
Welcome to the forums! :wave:

bob2112
Tue, Nov-20-07, 02:44
Welcome back onboard.