PDA

View Full Version : Hi...I'm new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ivory
Tue, Feb-26-02, 15:15
Hi everybody, I'm Ivory and I'm on the Card Addicts diet, and have my fingers crossed that it'll work for me as well as its worked for others. This time I'm seriously gonna go the distance, I wanna look fab for summer...or at least more fab than I do now. So to all you new people, Good Luck!!!

wbahn
Tue, Feb-26-02, 15:55
Greetings and welcome! :wave:

You've come to the right place for support.

You should be able to make quite a lot of progress by summer - especially the end of summer. The important thing is not to rush it. You are establishing a permanent way of eating that will permanently solve the problem. You are not dong a "quick fix for summer" diet - if done properly most women only see (and for a veriety of reasons only want to see) a couple of pounds a week at most.

Be sure to browse lots of threads to learn as much as you can about what to expect in the next few days and weeks - both the good and the bad. Also, really consider starting up a journal here.

Ivory
Tue, Feb-26-02, 19:05
Thanks for your words of support! I appreciate them! Don't worry, I'm not expecting to be a size 2 by summer or anything like that! I'm looking for long lasting, long term results. I'm tired of going on and off "diets" and I'm ready to just do this thing already!

-Ivory

Lotus Flow
Tue, Feb-26-02, 23:00
:wave: I am from Ontario too. I have recruited quite a few new Low Carbers and have now started a daily emailing of low carb friendly emails such as pointers and recipes. I guess you would say that I am trying to get together an Ontario Chapter of The Low Carb Friends. If you are interested in joining (no charge) email me at

Sunflower_jacquie~hotmail.com

LC since Jan 15 2002
260/245/140

Louise V
Wed, Feb-27-02, 08:22
Hey guy's I'm from Ontario too!!!!
Ivory, you can do this, I've been on PP since May of 2000, and have lost 130lbs still have a little way to go, and man it's giving me a hard time....but I'll keep plugging at it....I think the important thing is not to look at this as a diet but as a way of life, because for anyone who is overweight that's what it has to be to keep the weight off!!!!!
And here I was thinking there wasn't to many of us on the board from Ontario...this is great.
Lotus is this group just to send E Mails of recipes, and low carb suggestions???
Good luck Ivory and Keep us posted
Have a great day Louise :wave:

Ivory
Wed, Feb-27-02, 15:57
First of all, Louise...WOW, I looked at your weight loss stats! Thats amazing! You must feel so much better! Its really inspirational because I'm around where you started. I was a little disappointed today, I went and weighed myself and was disappointed to find that I'm starting heavier than I thought. It was disappointing, but not in the sense that I'm doubting CAD, because it hasn't had time to do anything yet, but just disappointed in general.

Right now I'm finding my friend Amy to be a huge inspiration, she's also trying to lose weight, not as a low-carber, but nevertheless, its really helping to have someone else who is going through the same things I am.

Anyway, its great also have the support of fellow Ontario people!

Louise V
Wed, Feb-27-02, 17:09
Ivory!!!!!!!
Yes I do feel much better, actually I feel like a different person!!!!! It's great. Yes you are at about what I started at so this only tells you one thing you can do it too!!!!
Don't be to disappointed that your strarting weight is a little more than you thought at least now you have a more accurate weight and you will know just how much you are loosing,just don't forget to drink a lot of water, this also will help with the elasticity of your skin as your loosing.....
Well I must go make diner for the gang!!!
Keep me posted I'd love to see how you progress!!!!
Good luck to you
:wave: Louise