PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AngieCat
Thu, Nov-08-07, 01:08
A little about me. I stumbled upon atkins a few years back (by accident). I was one of those skinny people who could eat anything and stay a size 1. That changed almost overnight when I was around 17. My thyroid was wonky and I had low blood iron. Nothing in my closet fit. I started wearing sweats, and I had no idea how to dress for my new size.

My family at the time started cooking "low fat" which was a scam. You felt starved, lost muscle, felt tired and gained fat. Yay?

Dated a diabetic and stumbled on low carb. Because he couldn't eat much sugar, I'd make sure he could have a filling meal. the food was delicious, and since I made "low sugar" recipe's for him, I'd eat it myself. Within a week I noticed my "fat clothes" getting looser and looser. That's when I found a second hand copy of "atkins diet revolution". It was a lightbulb moment from there on.

My first go at it was a success. I got back down to about a size three from an 8 (which didn't feel good on my frame). People got "concerned" and insisted I was killing myself, I was going to get cancer, die of a heart attack at any moment, etc. People came out of the woodwork with studies and info to prove I was killing myself. at any event where food was present I was forced to eat sugar by family and friends. (then of course, the sugar cravings re set in - those are horrible to get over)

Even though I haven't been strict over the last few years, a good portion of my food was low carb, since I enjoy good food. so I had been a steady size 6, and I never re-gained all the weight back. Recently I saw a good friend get into awsome shape, I thought, he's right, and it's time for me to give it another go. I live alone and I'm bitchy enough now to tell you to stuff that cookie if you try and shove one down my throat. As for people "helping" me by showing studies about "lowcarb = evil, lowfat = best ever", it's been less then two months, I feel amazing, like liquid energy is in my blood, I'm loosing fat and inches like crazy, and I almost fit into clothes from when I was 16 years old, and I eat, like food.

It is really nice to see others have success with low carb meals. I feel validated, and like I'm not insane for using this approach to eating because soo many people want to save me from myself now, and get me away from my low carb goodies.

Sorry this was so long, like a novel. :S

Kisal
Thu, Nov-08-07, 02:40
Welcome to the forums! It's very nice to have you here! :)

Congratulations on your success! :cheer: :cheer:

Semperfi
Thu, Nov-08-07, 05:52
Welcome!!!!!!

Goat Lady
Thu, Nov-08-07, 07:00
Hey there! Welcome to your new WOE! Hope to see ya around! :)