PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

messynessy
Wed, Nov-07-07, 08:03
I found this forum when googling some receipi ideas and thought i might as well join up

I have recently moved to london and have stacked on the typical Heathrow Injection (a good 20lb thats wasn't there when i left Australia)

I have been working out consistently at the gym, and eating pretty healthy but its just not coming off as fast as I would like.

I have never done a dramatic carb reduced diet, I don't eat much carbs, and never eat them after lunch but i like to have low GI carbs for breakfast, and a bit of sweetcorn or somethign in my salads to make it a bit more filling.

But due to my recent pletau I think I might step it up a notch, starting monday though as I'm going to Paris this weekend and no one will stop me from eating criosants and chocolate mmm YUMMY

So anyway thats hi from me :)

Semperfi
Wed, Nov-07-07, 08:59
Hello and welcome!!!!!

Wed, Nov-07-07, 10:04
Glad you joined.
As we can both raise Brit specific questions like what is a "cup" of salad??

It's probably so simple, but it doesn't exist in our measurement system, so baffles me totally.

Tiffanylip
Wed, Nov-07-07, 10:51
Welcome, you'll find the receipes/kitchen forum to be a great resource.

Kisal
Wed, Nov-07-07, 15:54
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to have you here with us! :)

I recommend that you buy a good book about a low-carb diet. Any book will do, although I'm personally especially fond of Atkins and Protein Power for Life. You can almost always find low-carb diet books very inexpensively at thrift stores and used-book stores, as well as on eBay and Amazon.

Sweet corn is not a low-carb vegetable. Also, it isn't something that will keep you full. It's fat and protein that keep your appetite satisfied. If you're afraid of fat (and many are when they first begin to follow lc), you might want to examine the South Beach plan, as it is slightly lower in fat than some of the other plans.

Best of luck to you! :wave: