PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tzabcan
Mon, Nov-05-07, 20:55
To this Low-Carber Forum

My name is Peter singfield;

I live in Xaibe Village -- corozal District -- Belize -- Central America.

My work is "medicine" -- part traditional -- part very scientific.

I believe I have left "tracks" all about the WWW for the past ten years --

Google "Peter Belize"

First question --

I am on very slow and expensive dial up -- it there a way this can all be done by Email communications like conventional mail lists do??

Else -- I will not be able to continue for long.

I am not over weight -- I live a paleo diet -- Yucatec Mayan.

There is so much I can tell you -- explain to you --

My interest is a strange one.

Many the ancient Mayan therapy does not work well on North Americans -- probably because their diet has so messed up their immune functions.

I have developed over the years -- a regimen of eating that solves this problem.

The posting:

The Real Paleo Diet: Reflections On The True Essence Of The Paleo Diet

By "Hunterman" -- turned up on a search I was doing.

Hunterman -- your close but you miss the real point:

"what I'm saying is different things work for different people"

The first difference is racial -- the second is cultural.

Edger Casey once said:

Eat nothing but what your great Grandfather ate -- and nothing from more than 50 miles from where he lived.

He stated that in the 1930's -- today it is better stated:

Eat nothing but what your ancestors ate in 1850 -- and nothing from more than 50 miles from where they lived.

Mostly -- Humans did not travel much -- so generation after generation -- was spent in one location -- always eating the same diet -- produced and prepared in the same manner.

When the Europeans extended their empire to the Americas they brought their foods -- their preparation methology -- along with them.

Our digestive systems evolved over thousands of generations. What is food for one tribe of man can often be poison for another.

Food allergies are endemic inter-species -- intercultural -- as a result.

All plants have natural insecticides -- natural herbicides -- etc. That are toxic in some manner to species of animals eating them -- that have not evolved tolerance.

Tolerance is evolved though many generations.

That only the beginning!!

Some foods type are much more universally tolerated between species and cultures -- corn -- meats --

Others not so well -- wheat and grains -- milk -- sugars

Food preparation is also important -- species not tolerant to milk can be tolerant to yogurt.

Species not tolerant to grains -- can be tolerant to beers brewed from grains.

I label these as cultural food transmutation processes -- and this is quite important to a diet that leads to health and well being.

"Green" Corn (Corn on the cob) or dry corn grain is not healthy -- but alkalized corn served as tortilla is a super food.

So we read how healthy the THE HUNZA PEOPLE were -- and all due to their unchanging diet and food preparation systems.

THE WHEEL OF HEALTH by G. T. WRENCH, M.D.

http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0203cat/020301wrench/02030100frame.html

But it is false mentality to believe that same diet and system will work for you -- think -- would it make the Eskimo healthier and live longer?

The Hunza ate much grains -- and meat only once per month.

The Eskimo ate almost nothing but meat and fats -- and never any grains at all.

Further -- dietary adjunctives are extremely important.

The Eskimo ate fresh live maggots they cultured in rotting meat -- they ate the rotten meat (thus food transmuted) and the live maggots (dietary adjunctive)

The Maya lived in a stable civilized manner for probably greater than 7000 years -- and during that course -- adapted many excellent adjunctives to their diet.

I have spent a large part of my life researching those -- plus through trial and error -- finding those that can well be used by my blood line --

Which is:

European Visigoth descendancey -- all Europeans and the UK have Visigoth blood -- the dark ages --

We do not really know what the Visigoth diet was??

Anyway -- what works for me probably works for many on this list -- plus I have learned what works for many other species and cultures as well -- being that Belize is such a mixing pot.

My specialty is researching dietary adjunctives -- specifically of Mayan origins -- but have also learned many other cultural ones as well.

I believe modern medical science spends to much effort on studying diseases -- and no where near enough studying "health" --

Want an adjunctive that works for european blooded and is well mentioned in the bible??

Drink only watered wine -- one part wine -- four parts water.

Another -- even but just two spoons of vinegar -- live culture -- per day.

Gut ecosystem -- gut "flora" -- probiotics -- us so very important -- and one shoe does not fit all species!!

85% of Belizeans are by genetics allergic to milk -- yet the government promotes drinking of milk and a dairy industry.

That is my favorite example of how modern life style corrupts modern diets -- modern life style being programming of the people by mass media to make a buck!!

Don't even get me started on oils and fats!! Natural and of species specific kinds -- vs modern hydrogenated oils (pure poison to the body -- and fad oils such as flax seed -- corn oil -- etc - -which were never part of any ancestral diets.

Soybean oils contain molecules that mimic our hormone -- ergo -- pseudo hormones -- and that really messes up our systems.

The Chinese learned to transmute it to a safe food -- tofu -- fermented soybean sauce -- etc.

Americans mostly use soybean oil as is -- but even worse -- hydrogenated --

Makes a good automatic transmission fluid -- but a terribly poisonous source of lipids -- and lipids be so extremely important in the diet of Eskimos and euro blooded -- though maybe not so much for the Hunza people -- who can do without -- or mostly so -- or have their own traditional lipid source -- probably "butter"

My point is this ---

To conquer obesity problems one may have to go well beyond food restriction -- or fad dieting -- or one shoe fits all.

It is a many facetted problem.

Thanks -- Peter

For the more curiousa in regards to my work:

http://tzabcan.com/4cases/

girlgerms
Mon, Nov-05-07, 21:13
Welcome. You raise some interesting points.

kevsmama
Mon, Nov-05-07, 21:24
I agree it was interesting. Welcome to the forum.

Tzabcan
Mon, Nov-05-07, 21:33
Going to be hard to stick around though --

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Peter/Belize

LOL79
Tue, Nov-06-07, 01:23
Phew, you said a lot of interesting stuff. Hope you stick around, especially in the "media" section of the forum. Cheers Peter. :)

Semperfi
Tue, Nov-06-07, 05:42
Welcome!!!!!!

tdoty
Tue, Nov-06-07, 23:47
Welcome!! :wave: