PDA

View Full Version : Just joined

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mon, Nov-05-07, 13:43
Been on Induction for 21 days.

Lost 3 inches from my waist in 3 weeks.

Lost 12 lbs in the first 2 weeks of induction, and it's slowed to 3 lbs this week. Still proud of myself though.
In a smaller dress size already. :)

Hoping for support for the long haul ahead. Is 2-3lbs per week achievable over the long haul?

hayes
Mon, Nov-05-07, 13:49
Congratulations.
Great start!
Keep up the good work!

Mon, Nov-05-07, 13:58
Thanks Hayes.
It's great to have others to talk to, who've actually DONE it.

Semperfi
Mon, Nov-05-07, 14:50
Hello and welcome! Congrats on the loss!!!!!

nmarler
Mon, Nov-05-07, 15:09
Hello! I just started today and I am not sure how to "talk" to people...

hayes
Mon, Nov-05-07, 15:42
Hello! I just started today and I am not sure how to "talk" to people...

I guess we don't really "talk" but if you have a question, you can start a new thread for people to answer.
Also, if you start a journal, put your foods, feelings, any thing you want really, and others will come around and "visit" you and you can do the same. Vist a few journals to see what others are doing.
Once you get used to the set up of the fourm, it's a great place to be.

BluePants
Mon, Nov-05-07, 19:09
Welcome 227, glad you joined and congratulations on your dress size. Thats marvelous

Tue, Nov-06-07, 12:26
Doesn't anyone feel worried about the shape changes? It's quite pronounced.

Weightwatchers etc didn't work for me, so for the first time in my life I have to equate "shape" with "diet". My shape hasn't changed with any other diet before.

Does anyone notice "where" they lose weight first. I hoping the inch lost then "spreads" out, but so far its targetting one place.

Anyway got 3 pairs of cheap tracksuit bottoms as my "diet" wear. So that failing down clothes don't take me off the diet, due to public embarrassment (or public exposure). Blimey, don't even have to undo my clothes, they're falling down round my knees!

OtherCher2
Tue, Nov-06-07, 13:28
So glad you found this site. There is much information, support and encouragement to be found here. If you work the plan, the plan will work!

Kisal
Tue, Nov-06-07, 13:47
Congratulations, 227! :thup: :thup: :thup: WTG! :wave:

tdoty
Tue, Nov-06-07, 23:40
Welcome!!! :wave: