PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Raspberry Muffins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lian
Fri, Nov-02-07, 08:31
I found this berry muffin recipe, and they are amazing........
taste very similar to the fruit explosion muffin from tim hortons.....wow
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/breads/r/coconutrmuffins.htm
let me know what u think

ElleH
Fri, Nov-02-07, 08:35
Those do sound really good, but I would have no idea where to find coconut flour, short of ordering it online.

Lian
Fri, Nov-02-07, 08:38
Hi Elle,
I dont know if you have a bulk barn but they are now carrying it here.
have a good day

RavenG
Fri, Nov-02-07, 08:41
Elle,
I got mine at Vitamin Cottage and I noticed that Wild Oats was also carrying it.

ElleH
Fri, Nov-02-07, 08:52
They are opening a Whole Foods near me in the next year...do they have it there? I should also check Wegmans.

DameMeow
Fri, Nov-02-07, 08:59
Wegmans!!! I loved Wegman when I lived in PA for 2 years, we don't have one now and won't in NC either. I have seen coconut flour at Trader Joe's though. These muffins sound great, I just wish the reciope didn't calculate "effective carbs" --- I usually go by actual carbs instead of Net carbs.

Solitaire
Fri, Nov-02-07, 11:22
I just wish the reciope didn't calculate "effective carbs" --- I usually go by actual carbs instead of Net carbs.
Since the amount of fiber is also listed, you can just add the two together. So 2 effective carbs plus 3.5 grams fiber equals 5.5 total carbs.

I have the opposite problem. I subtract fiber, so it's always annoying when a recipe mentions carbs without also listing the fiber. Luckily, most LC sites and recipes add the fiber. But "mainstream" magazines and newspapers don't always do it.

ElleH
Fri, Nov-02-07, 11:39
We do have a Trader Joes about 10 miles from here. I'll try to get over there sometime...it's not in an area I really ever go to, but DH could stop by there on the way home from the airport. Thanks for the tip!

LessLiz
Fri, Nov-02-07, 11:51
I have the opposite problem. I subtract fiber, so it's always annoying when a recipe mentions carbs without also listing the fiber. Luckily, most LC sites and recipes add the fiber. But "mainstream" magazines and newspapers don't always do it.
Which is funny because American's are being told to eat more fiber, at least 25g per day.

connie7
Fri, Nov-02-07, 11:54
I have unsweetened dessicated coconut -- can I sub that for coconut flour? Or should I put it in the blender to make it a more flour-like consistency? Any ideas?

Amanda1978
Sat, Nov-03-07, 17:15
Is coconut powder the same as coconut flour?