PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Time Lucky

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Scottie
Thu, Nov-01-07, 06:16
Hello all!
As you can probably guess this is my third time trying Atkins. Both times I have lost around 20 pounds and gained them all back again. I do find it hard, but this time my boyfriend is doing it with me so hopefully that will make the difference.

I'm currently on day 4 of induction and all is going well!

I've had some great support from this site in the pat and hopefully will again!

bob2112
Thu, Nov-01-07, 06:22
Welcome back onboard. Wishing the both you the best of luck!!

Semperfi
Thu, Nov-01-07, 06:48
Welcome back!!!!

Kisal
Thu, Nov-01-07, 14:38
Welcome back, Scottie! It's nice to see you here again! :)

Things should be easier for you this time, having some support at home. Don't get discouraged if he loses faster than you do, though! :wave:

Scottie
Thu, Nov-01-07, 15:16
Welcome back, Scottie! It's nice to see you here again! :)

Things should be easier for you this time, having some support at home. Don't get discouraged if he loses faster than you do, though! :wave:

:lol: Funny you should say that, he's already lost 7lb after just 3 days!

I'm just happy he's seen results so quickly as that way he's far more likely to stick with it, and therefore so am I :)

mermaiden9
Thu, Nov-01-07, 18:27
Men almost always lose faster than women. They have more muscle mass which gives them the edge.

BluePants
Thu, Nov-01-07, 19:29
Hi Scottie, I bet the best part of Atkins is that you never have to eat haggis again. LOL
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Welcome to the board. Glad you joined

Scottie
Fri, Nov-02-07, 03:22
Hi Scottie, I bet the best part of Atkins is that you never have to eat haggis again. LOL
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Welcome to the board. Glad you joined

Oh don't! I love haggis! But I must admit it's not top of my list of things I'll miss.
Saying that though, I'm now on day 5 of induction and I don't really feel that deprived, sometimes at night, when i'd usually be snacking on chocolatey treats, but last night I replaced chocolate with chicken- not quite the same, but it was fine.

I'm definitely not hungry, but I do crave sweets and chocolate.

tdoty
Fri, Nov-02-07, 12:14
Welcome Scottie!!! :wave: