PDA

View Full Version : Where've you been?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pricej
Wed, Oct-31-07, 17:40
I was down 45# 2 years ago on Atkins.
in a 5 month time frame.
It was so easy for me- I didn't have to count. I wasn't hungry!!!
I could go out to dinner & parties & I was in control...
Chicken salad with ranch, hold the croutons
miller lite captain & diet
filet _+ x veggies hold the bread hold the potato
sugar free jello + whipped cream

then one day i guess i just couldn't do it anymore-
i guess i slipped- just one piece of chocolate cake, then it was a tailspin for ever after.
i wish i had met you & had more support & choices

since i've tried WW, protein shakes... I keep trying to do low carb again- but I can't get past day 3!!! I start smelling bread through the wrappers
i know if i can get past 2 weeks- it's home free.

anyhow- i'm stating tomorrow and glad to meet you

Heidihi
Wed, Oct-31-07, 18:45
Good to meet you too ..things happen and life is all about the journey so relax and enjoy

I did the same thing...lost 50lbs kept it off for a few years then started baking ...well one cookie? no way....I can eat a pan..and voila I had gained 20lbs of it back in just a few months!!! go figure huh?

so now I am back on the wagon ....(not Atkins for me ..this time ...similar ...but it is such a good plan if you loved it before you will love it again)

anyway welcome

Kisal
Wed, Oct-31-07, 18:53
Welcome! I'm glad you found us! :)

First of all, if you haven't done so yet, reread your Atkins book. It's almost imposslble to remember all the details after a couple of years. Also, start a journal here, and learn to use the My P.L.A.N. tool to track your foods. Both will help to keep you accountable.

I wish you the best of success! :wave:

Semperfi
Thu, Nov-01-07, 04:59
Welcome and good luck!!!

bob2112
Thu, Nov-01-07, 05:11
Welcome back onboard.

OtherCher2
Thu, Nov-01-07, 09:43
It takes what it takes to get us to the point of wanting to learn a new way of life. Keep coming back here for all the awesome support and encouragement.

BluePants
Thu, Nov-01-07, 19:25
Hi Pricej, glad you joined. I am wondering if the reason you fell off last time was because you got into a rut. Welcome

PlaneCrazy
Thu, Nov-01-07, 20:03
Welcome!

Your story is not unknown here. I also lost a bunch of weight, then thought I could "maintain" with just a lowered-carb version of the normal diet. I gained 53 of the 60 lost pounds back.

Last time I had this forum for support and they were tremendous. When I finally got serious, I headed straight back here and it was one of the best things I ever did.

Stick around, it's a pretty friendly bunch. And don't be afraid to ask questions. You will get all kinds of answers, even if people have to make them up. :lol:

Plane

tdoty
Fri, Nov-02-07, 12:16
Welcome to the forums!! :wave: