PDA

View Full Version : Found you!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AussieGirl
Mon, Feb-25-02, 18:26
I'm a brand new member and only just discovered an Aussie branch! great! now I don't have to worry about trying to work all those conversions out! pounds to kilos, litres to pints..... sheesh!

bizzsoln
Mon, Feb-25-02, 19:20
Hi there Aussie girl. Where can you purchase low carb foods in Australia. I live in SA.

AussieGirl
Mon, Feb-25-02, 20:13
Hi bizzsoln. well I'm only 2 weeks into it, and haven't really shopped for low carb foods. as a mother of 3, I cook 'normal' meals for hubby and the kids, and just cut the carbs as much as possible for myself. I do choose the brands with the lowest carb count at the supermarket, but that's about it.

how long have you been on?

s.a.kaye
Tue, Feb-26-02, 06:46
Hi AussieGirl and Bizzsoln :wave:

AussieGirl, I'm so glad you found the "aussie section", I agree it's pretty frustrating working out the conversions. With the pounds/ kilos I start up my calculator on the computer screen and work from that. Good luck with your plan :thup:

Bizzsoln, I agree with AussieGirl, I do the same thing, cook for the family and just don't have any potatoes or any high carb things. A couple of times a week I will cook up a batch just for me though. As for buying anything LC in SA (I live in SA too) there is very very little available. No Atkin's products at all, unless you buy off the internet, and it's very expensive. The only thing I have bought is some DD lollies from Coles supermarket, they are made with artificial sweeetner, and have helped me with my cravings.
I think I have found a reasonably priced Protein Shake mixture, I'm off to my local health food store tomorrow to check it out, will get back to you if your'e interested.
Good Luck LCarbing

bye for now
Kaye