PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum, need some encouragement!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ephoenix
Mon, Oct-29-07, 16:08
Hi all!

I just joined this morning - I am looking forward to getting to know you all; this looks like a great place for support/encouragement/ideas!

Little about me: I started Atkins about 3+ years ago, when I weighed 325 pounds. I was getting ready to go in for gastric bypass, but I was scared, so I thought "hang on, maybe I can do this on my own". So I gave myself a year to lose 50 pounds. But I exceeded my goal! I lost 125 pounds in one year!! I was really motivated for a long time to keep it off, but little by little, it started to creep back up.

I realized that I was letting myself go when I finally stepped on the scale three weeks ago and saw that I had gained almost 50 pounds back over the three years!! ARGH.

But I've decided to lose it all back, plus MORE! I want to be down to 150 - I haven't weighed 150 since high school! With the help of my mom (spydurgurl) and my husband, who are both on Atkins, I know I can do it! I am more motivated than I was when I lost over 100 pounds!

Since starting back up on Atkins, I have lost 17 pounds in three weeks. I'm super excited!

Having to type all these weights/numbers today was a real eye-opener. I usually fudge the numbers a little in my head, like I didn't realize that I had gained so much until I just did the math and wrote it down. HELLO. This forum is helping already!

Glad to meet you all! Thanks for reading this far! :sunny:

molmerlin
Mon, Oct-29-07, 16:11
glad to meet ya!!! I look forward to watching your journey. This is such a great place, keep poking around, you'll find tons of info

spydurgurl
Mon, Oct-29-07, 16:16
Hey! Welcome to a great place......I love it here! Thanks for introducing it to me, my awesome daughter!

We are going to do GREAT! We are a wonderful inspiration to each other.....
WE CAN DO THIS!

Love, Mom :thup:

Kisal
Mon, Oct-29-07, 16:20
Welcome to the forums, Ephoenix! It's very nice to have you here with us! :wave:

Zuleikaa
Mon, Oct-29-07, 16:37
Welcome!!!

You've accomplished a lot a early discovered what many of us have had to acknowledge. If you go back to eating the way you did before lc, you will eventually gain the weight back and more.

You can do it again!!!

oakdryad
Mon, Oct-29-07, 16:52
Welcome, ephoenix! :wave: Your accomplishment is awesome, and I'm so happy you've joined us to complete your journey.

This is a great board. Lots of support and lots of really informed people.

Pull up a chair and join in! :D

ephoenix
Mon, Oct-29-07, 17:17
Thanks guys! I am so excited to be able to talk to so many other LC way-of-lifers! :D

Goat Lady
Mon, Oct-29-07, 19:44
Welcome to the forums! How cool you and your mom are on here together! Congrats to you both and good luck! :)

suzanneM
Mon, Oct-29-07, 20:51
hi! if you are an experienced low-carber, you have got to check out the recipe forums. They will really open your eyes - you won't ever have to crave anything again, because there's so many great recipes in there that are healthy alternatives to the foods you "think" you are missing.

my fav is the deep-dish quiche pizza.

Vanessaliu
Mon, Oct-29-07, 21:26
Hi! I just joined right now! I need a buddy to have encouragement too. I am thinking of starting the Atkins plan but the people around me don't think it is healthy and really give me alot of hell for wanting to do it. They aren't encouraging nor are they accommodating. I am afraid I will be essentially cutting myself off of the world of my family and friends/boyfriend by doing this. Help!

tdoty
Tue, Oct-30-07, 00:00
Welcome!! :wave:

reecesmama
Tue, Oct-30-07, 00:05
welcome!! i just found this site a week or so ago & it has really helped me...i was already missing certain foods, getting bored & the recipe section saved me!!

plus - start or join a journal - its great knowing that there is a group of people that really get to know you & care how you're doing!

Semperfi
Tue, Oct-30-07, 04:24
Welcome!!!!!!

bob2112
Tue, Oct-30-07, 06:13
Welcome aboard, this is a great place for support and motivation.

JAnn
Tue, Oct-30-07, 07:25
Welcome ephoenix, :wave: It's great that you can do it as a family affair!

molmerlin
Tue, Oct-30-07, 07:58
I love that you and your mom are doing this together, as my daughter and I are doing it together as well. She is making great progress losing the extra weight from giving birth to my grandson Luke. It is great to share ideas, she is a creative cook and comes up with wonderful ideas. I am more of a grill a slab of meat and nuke some broccoli kind of gal. Do check out the recipes tho I have not bought any 'LC' specific ingredients. I am trying to just stick with normal, whole foods etc. The only oddball thing I have purchased is almond meal, everything else is regular every day ingredients.

godsbelove
Tue, Oct-30-07, 10:05
ephoenix,

Welcome and WTG on your progress thus far.

You will get there and stay there this time. I'm a re-induct low carber myself. It's the only way of eating for me.

I'm off to send welcome wishes to your mom now :agree: .