PDA

View Full Version : confused about diet drinks

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

alirider
Mon, Feb-25-02, 14:47
The more i read the more confused i am - can i have a diet coke between meals? and why do i feel so fat and bloated after my first 2 days? last night trying to go to sleep i just felt like i wanted to vomit, i'm feeling that way most of the time - is this normal?

thanks, ali

Karen
Mon, Feb-25-02, 16:17
I'm not a CAD'er, but I think that any program you choose should be initially followed "by the book" until you are well versed and comfortable enough to make changes to it.

Do you have CALP? It's the book that takes up where CAD leaves off. On page 149 is "Breaking the Sugar Substitute Connection Option" which gives a good explanation on why and how.

Karen

alirider
Mon, Feb-25-02, 16:23
No, i have the CAD book - i wanted the carbonation more than anything else because i thought it might help with the bloated, icky feeling. i had a diet coke and feel better.

thanks for responding,

Karen
Mon, Feb-25-02, 16:27
Carbonated mineral water is an option too!

Karen

lowco
Mon, Feb-25-02, 19:31
people who are new to cad/calp sometimes over do it at rm. May be it's the thought of not having carbs all day.

keep on at it....!!!!

pay attention, to the diet drinks. they may stall you.

Ivory
Thu, Feb-28-02, 00:03
You mentioned feeling bloated...have you been drinking lots of water? I just started a few days ago on CAD, and I haven't had any bloating, but I started out drinking 64 oz of water per day, which isn't fun and you'll be peeing about 70000000 times per day, but I'm really finding it helps. I think mentally it's helping me too, for most of my day, rather than focusing my mind on food, and the fact I can't snack or anything, I focus on my water; how much I've had, how much I still have to have...it keeps my mind on something else...

I hope the bloated feeling goes away, and let me know if you find out about the diet coke during the day thing, I actually posted a message asking the same thing before I noticed your posting, so I'll let you know if I find out first :p

alirider
Thu, Feb-28-02, 11:43
:roll:

hi, i'm still feeling bloated and have a constant tummy ache until i have the diet coke. this starts about 10 minutes after my eggs and sausage breakfast.
i don't think i'll get addicted to the diet colas because i really don't like them, but they make me feel better. my book indicates it is ok to drink them. a friend suggested i try digestive enzymes and i'm going to pick some up tomorrow. do others have this constant tummy ache???

i am a big water drinker, probably 120 ounces a day easily. this is not a new thing for me i've always drunk lots and lots of water.