PDA

View Full Version : I feel like such a fool!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

time2doit
Sun, Oct-28-07, 09:54
I have been in a 6 week stall and whining about it, getting depressed, ignoring advice. Finally, 5 days ago I decided to go back to Fitday. Of course, Fitday had two effects 1) It let me see what I was doing and 2) it made me better behaved! SO I gave up sugar alcohols and nuts and voila! the scale moved! How predictable is that! What a twit I have been.

So 5 days of 65-70% fat, under 20 grams carbo, and I have lost 3 lbs. And this after 6 weeks of stall. Maybe this diet is simpler than I think.

So, how do I change my current weight indication!!! yipee

greenshamr
Sun, Oct-28-07, 13:54
Hopefully by now you have found out how to change your stats! LOL

Congrats on breaking your stall!

Dfrost
Thu, Feb-07-08, 09:59
I agree, recording everything in fitday really does make you better behaved. I was so surprised at how quickly those carbs add up. Doing it in my head just wasn't getting it done!

skeeweeaka
Tue, Mar-04-08, 07:55
Yes Fitday is a real eye opener. Today I consumed almost 800 calories at breakfast and wonder why I am not losing....hah! Thanks for the tip!

mhudnall
Wed, May-07-08, 07:02
im new to this what is fit day?
" Thanks Michael

FatFreeMe
Tue, May-13-08, 09:12
Mhudnal, they are talking about www.fitday.com
Its a site that calculates all your calories/fat/carb/protein when you input what you eat. Sorry no one answered you earlier.

Kansas Deb
Thu, Jun-26-08, 05:14
Michael, you can use MY P.L.A.N on this website too, both are free. You will find the link at the top of this page. You should check out both and decide.

fitnfree
Sun, Jun-29-08, 17:33
It is amazing how much a person can absent-mindedly put in their mouth isn't it! I know writing every thing down makes a huge difference for me, too.

Mousesmom
Sun, Jun-29-08, 19:38
It is truly amazing how much we eat without paying any attention at all......makes all the difference in the world when you record it for a while. A real eye opener!!!

Glad you figured it out!

Julie

alto
Sun, Jun-29-08, 21:44
I'll bet many of us, if not most of us, have been in a similar situation. They always say, Write It Down, and this is why! I wonder how many "stalls" are really bouts of absent-minded eating, or thinking we know whatever rules we are following. It's also amazing how big a half a cup is, until you measure it :)