PDA

View Full Version : Hi There

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shoei
Mon, Feb-25-02, 01:13
Dear All,

Well, I've just joined the forums and am looking forward to a reckless abundance of new recipies, advice and ispiration.

By way of introduction I'm a 32 yo guy in Brisbane who is back on Atkins after doing it twice prior over the past 3 years ...... and then proceeded to completely stuffing it up after hitting my target weight. Hobbies include beach volleyball, surfing, cycling and pets .... all of which a lot more enjoyable when you're not carrying an excess of kilos!!

Contrasting being on the Diet and weighing less vs being off the diet and feeling terrible as I invariably gain a fifth of my body weight ....... I think I'll take the diet! My pet gripe is that getting assistance products in Australia is extremely difficult, expensive ($100 AUD Shipping from the atkins center) or both !!!

Hoping for a good exchange of Ideas

Cheers....

Shoei

gwilson38
Mon, Feb-25-02, 10:24
And welcome! You seem to know what U are doing and what U will need to avoid. Im sure U will reach your goal again. Wow I love your hobbies. I certainly would enjoy a rousing game of beach volley ball by the ocean. My brother lives in Sydney so I am hoping to get over there one day soon. Anyway good luck to U!

slim2none
Mon, Feb-25-02, 10:42
:wave:

Hello and welcome,

You sound so active that it makes me want to get up from this desk and go EXERCISE!

You can do this. I know exactly what you mean by feeling better. I feel like a whole new person, hopefully by the Maintenance time a half person. :D

Water, water, and more water. :)

Have a good one. Welcome aboard, this site is wonderful. :thup: