PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for adding me to your community

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

advance
Sun, Oct-21-07, 22:11
Hi there. I am new to this forum but it looks great. I am a 35 year old man, self employed computer tech that needs to drop 50 lbs. I have tried everything (portion control, exercise) and i can't lose weight. I have a cousin that lost 60lbs on atkins last spring so i am going to give this a try. I look forward to the info and support this group has to offer. I plan on logging in everyday so that it might help to keep me focused. One thing I am frightened of is that i am also going to quit smoking and i have not had very good luck with that in the past. This is were i hope the support group can come in; i'm sure there are other people out there going threw the same thing. Losing weight and quitting smoking are two diffacult things and it's hard for a person to do it on ther own. I look forward to hearing from all of you out there. Take care.

North_Guy
Sun, Oct-21-07, 22:27
welcome to low carbing! you made a great choice cause this sh*t works!! lol all the best to you with your goals!

mermaiden9
Sun, Oct-21-07, 23:03
Hi and welcome.
I hope you are able to quit smoking. I gave it up 5 years ago and will never go back.
I found it difficult for the first week or so and then all seemed ok. It was then at the 3 month mark I found myself fighting cravings and desires all over again.
Make it through the 3 month hump and you will have made it for good. You just have to stay strong and not succumb to that "one puff wont hurt" mentality, because it will be your downfall.

It's the same on Atkins, one slice of cake can sabotage your weight loss.

Good luck

Kisal
Sun, Oct-21-07, 23:17
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to have you aboard! :)

Semperfi
Mon, Oct-22-07, 05:25
Welcome!!!!

WH1968
Mon, Oct-22-07, 12:01
Welcome to the forums.. glad you are here...

If you're interested there's a big challenge called BAM.. you can see the link at the bottom of my signature... come join us an compete with other men...

T-man

s8ndr
Mon, Oct-22-07, 12:07
welcome we are one big happy family here and families stick together through good and bad times :agree: i quit smoking 5 years ago and have never looked back i admire you for taking on a double challenge good luck regards sandra

advance
Tue, Oct-23-07, 11:19
Well i made it threw day 1. I had 3 bowls of rotel, 10 bacon wrapped scallops, a handful of almonds and walnuts & 3 porkchops. Didn't exercise though.

OtherCher2
Tue, Oct-23-07, 12:19
Welcome to LCing. This board is a great place to find loads of support, encouragement and information. Be sure to read the book to get the best results. Keep coming back!

WH1968
Tue, Oct-23-07, 12:26
Hey there advance... just click on the link at the bottom of my signature.... you can join now.. we weigh in on MOndays.... Hurry and have them enter your weight today.... it would be great to have more men...

T-man

IrishShrty
Tue, Oct-23-07, 14:49
Good Luck in a healthier journey!
Doing both fights is not an easy brawl, put some boxing gloves on! Welcome to a great place, have a look around in the journals also, great inspiration and fun!

BluePants
Wed, Oct-24-07, 13:04
I know a couple people who quit smoking and went on Atkins the same day, and both were very successful so I know you can do it also. :clap:
Now about your diet. Is Rotel canned tomatoes? Tomatoes are allowed on induction, but remember they are a fruit so you might want to make sure you limit them to 2 cups at the most.
Welcome, glad you found us and joined

advance
Fri, Oct-26-07, 05:41
Well i made it through day 3. the diet is fine but the not smoking is HARD. I have been really exhausted lately to. Is that normal?

BluePants
Mon, Oct-29-07, 20:32
It'll get better. Carbs equal quick energy so limiting them might make you feel a bit sluggish right at first.

tdoty
Tue, Oct-30-07, 00:00
Welcome!! :wave:

bob2112
Tue, Oct-30-07, 05:57
Welcome aboard.

JAnn
Tue, Oct-30-07, 07:53
Hi advance and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of great support here. I look forward to your successes.