PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

heath1
Sun, Feb-24-02, 14:42
Hi my name is Heather. I've just decided at the last minute to join the forum I think this will help my chances of success. I've recently as of almost a year ago gave birth to my second son. I gained 100 lbs. I lost 95 in 5 months. I've been striggling all my life with depression. It came and hit me like a train again in Sept. Because of that I gained back 25lbs. Pretty sad huh? Depression robs me of any and all motivation. I've recently been taking St. John's Wort, 5-htp, and a brain circulation formula. It really has been working. I'm anxious to start this atkin's diet tomorrow. I've read his books from front to cover. I want to kick this carb and sugar addiction. It causes my depression to be a mountain instead of a mohill. I have for 2 years been in therapy for eating, anxiety disorders and my depression. They put me on a long list of anti-depressants. It turned out to be a bigger nightmare, BESIDES I DON'T WANT THE LIVER DAMAGE ANYWAY.
Please help, and offer any suggestions. I would like a buddy who will commit to checking in at least every other day. I have 30 lbs. to lose.

wbahn
Sun, Feb-24-02, 15:17
Welcome aboard! :wave:

You've come to the right place for lots of support.

Be sure to read a bunch of the newbie and intro threads - you will find a lot of common problems that beginners face that drive lots of people away when all they had to do was stick it out for a few days or weeks since almost all of the problems are very temporary.

The best way to get people to check in on you is to do two things - start a journal here and be an active participant in the forum. Ask for support and you'll get it. Offer support to others and you'll get TONS of it - plus just offering support to others is amazing helpful for your own efforts.

razzle
Sun, Feb-24-02, 17:38
welcome! Congratulations on losing so much weight on your own. Battling the depression and addictions may end up having the same best treatment--LCing. Best of luck to you. Do post a journal, remind people you're here with regular posts, and you'll get a lot of support. Supporting other new people is another way to stay on track, too. :)

HelloKitty
Sun, Feb-24-02, 18:05
Hello heath1.
You've come to the right place!!! This board is great for support. I too have been through the eating disorders and the depression (15 years and WAY too many medications). Let me tell you, Atkins has been a miricle for me.
Good luck on you LC journey!!

:wave:
Melissa

nOcaRbgurL
Sun, Feb-24-02, 20:02
Hello, welcome to the board!!!
I've been LCing for a little over two weeks now and it's the best thing i could have done. I had to admit i was a carb addict and now, i feel that i've overcome that in since my introduction period. Yeah, i still have the yearning to eat certain foods that are not allowed, but nothing tastes better than my losing weight success. Every pound loss feels so much better than the last, and i know that i'll get to my goal. My advice?? Stick to this program. I wasn't sure if this would work for me, but it has, and i'm sure it will for you too. Good luck to you and keep us posted!

heath1
Mon, Feb-25-02, 15:23
Thanks everyone!

I really appreciate the letters of encouragement, I feel stronger from all of your letters. Good luck to you too! I will post a journal myself, thanks again.

Heath1