PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I found a long lost friend

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

OLD LADY
Wed, Oct-17-07, 02:43
Hello , Wow I just stumbled on to this group while looking for some products that had reviews before I wasted money on junk agian. I really was feeling a bit like the odd man out as nobody around me is doing the low carb diet anymore. I have already filled my computer notepad with lots of new reciepes and ideas,Thanks .I especially found the reviews on products great fun. :thup: I am looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old Lady :wave:

Kisal
Wed, Oct-17-07, 02:46
Welcome aboard! It's nice to have you here with us! :)

Start a journal here! It's a great way to meet and get to know other members! :wave:

oakdryad
Wed, Oct-17-07, 02:48
Hi and welcome, Old Lady! :wave:

I know how you feel being the odd man out...it's interesting because people have been asking me just how I'm losing the weight. When I say low carb, they're interested...that is, until they find out that I'm not eating sugar or starch. THEN they say, *well, but I couldn't give up my cake, candy, pasta, potatoes, whatever.*

But that's how I'm losing weight, by giving up those things. Which I don't really miss, except in a momentary sort of way. But then, in the next breath, they bemoan how much weight they need to lose.

And I eat my yummy salmon salad and continue to lose. :D

I hope you enjoy it here. I've found this forum to be a great source of information and support!

Best of luck in your journey, and you're NOT alone.

Semperfi
Wed, Oct-17-07, 06:51
Welcome! You will love it here!

kjs130
Wed, Oct-17-07, 08:51
this is an incredible place for support. welcome!

OtherCher2
Wed, Oct-17-07, 09:40
So glad you found this group! There are quite of few of us "closet LC'ers". :lol:
Keep coming back for the awesome support and encouragement.

leaddog66
Wed, Oct-17-07, 10:04
I wish you welcome from the Male contingent!

La flaca
Wed, Oct-17-07, 10:07
Welcome, you are gonna love it in here :wave:

BluePants
Wed, Oct-17-07, 11:09
Hi, Old Lady, except I thought I was the Old Lady around here. LOL
I agree, low carb isn't as popular as it once was and I think its because the new GI diets and Volumetrics, but everyday folks are coming back, including myself, because it works.
Check out LindaSues recipe site also; http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html She has both menus and recipes and some awesome ideas.
Welcome home, glad you joined

lisacna
Wed, Oct-17-07, 11:23
great big welcome to you

Goolu
Wed, Oct-17-07, 12:39
Welcome Welcome Welcome :wave:

OLD LADY
Wed, Oct-17-07, 17:14
Thank You All
This sounds like a fun group.
I am still learning to navigate the site but I enjoy what I see so far.

SJR
Thu, Oct-18-07, 17:35
Welcome. I'm a newbie too!

tdoty
Thu, Oct-18-07, 22:03
Welcome!! It's great that you're here!!! :wave: