PDA

View Full Version : Atkins and auto-refrigerator mode.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jalmada
Sun, Feb-24-02, 01:36
Hi,

I'm on my third time on Atkins plan and I've noticed a strange behavior each time I crawl back on the wagon... When I first go into induction phase and then many weeks out, I find myself automatically walking mindlessly to the refrigerator and then I catch myself staring at the food...

Usually, this is after watching some carbohydrate rich commerical... I'm convinced that there is some subliminal stuff going on <lol>... Anyway, I kick myself and leave - have resisted cheating, but think it is probably a behavior that I am not alone in noticing...

:daze:

Spring is spronging here in California... Time to get out in the sun...

USED2B140
Sun, Feb-24-02, 08:43
I think we have all been there. Never thought about the subliminal message thing before but maybe you're right. Congrats on all the weight you have lost so far. Your wanting to exercise means you are on the right track - keep it up! :cool: :cheer: :sunny:

agonycat
Sun, Feb-24-02, 08:53
You could always put a lock and chain on the fridge :)

We know it's all the evil carbs calling you behind the fridge door!

razzle
Sun, Feb-24-02, 11:11
my father used to scream at us "is there a TV in there?!?" as we stood gazing, rapt, into the fridge. :D

yeah, those commercials--if they aren't telling us to eat junk, they're telling us we're worthless if we aren't as thin as Calista Flockheart or that there's a magic solution to obesity just a bottle of coloured water away.

As long as you're just looking.... :)

jalmada
Sun, Feb-24-02, 12:06
Yeah, I don't look as much... seems to be only in beginning phases... Now time at the fridge is just to look for atkins-approved foods and remember why I'm going to get back down to 175-185 pounds ;>)

I promised earilier last year that once I hit goal, I'd have a photo of me taken in really tight shorts - Looks like it'll be in the next couple of months <lol>

:wave:

disneybebe
Mon, Feb-25-02, 23:35
Dear Jon,
Hi. I do that too. I also love reading cookbooks & food magazines. I often stare longingly at the pictures of high-carb-junk & drool. I don't know why I've to keep reading all those books & magazines with them pics, it's torture really. BTW, really looking forward to seeing u in tights! Wow!
Bebe

jalmada
Tue, Feb-26-02, 01:51
Hi Disneybebe,

lol - I promise to the camera give a big smile too :daze:
like fer sure... :wave:

Jon "The Modeler" Almada