PDA

View Full Version : Low-Carb and Lifting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jimc1967
Mon, Oct-08-07, 16:19
I'm starting the serious low-carb diet again after a long layoff -- and weight gain... shocking! -- but I want to know what experience any others have had with low- and no-carb diets and weightlifting. In a past life, I competed in powerlifting and olympic weightlifting meets in the 75Kg and 82.5Kg weight classes, and I'd like to possibly compete again in a year, but I would first like to lose as much of the 60 or so pounds of body I'm carrying around. I'm more interested in gaining strength than muscle mass. I really don't want to get "big," I just want to regain strength and eventually work my way down to the what is now 85Kg class. Is there any empirical research out there on the effects of heavy weight training combined with low-carb diets?? Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Kisal
Mon, Oct-08-07, 16:33
Welcome aboard! Nice to have you with us! :)

Here's a link to the Exercise section. You will probably find a lot of information there that might be helpful. Just click on whichever forum link fits your situation:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112