PDA

View Full Version : Also New Here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

marymc
Sat, Oct-06-07, 19:44
:wave: Hi – I’m Mary and I’m also new here, returning to low carb after many years of abusing my body with sugar and flour, and because of a desire to lose some weight before an upcoming conference/vacation. I guess I needed a vain and superficial motivator to get started again. :o Anyway, the last time I got fed up with the “bloated belly and generally miserable-always-full-and-stuffed feeling” and tried to do low carb, my hormones thoroughly protested and I couldn’t stick with it, so this time I decided to try doing a green drink detox/cleanse first, before transitioning to generic low carb and then finally settling on Atkins. The detox seemed to help kick start me this time and I have been cruising along on the low carb highway since! I started with 75 pounds to lose in early August and have 48 more to go. I know that support forums are a good way to learn, be accountable and to keep on track, though I guess I’m a bit shy and tend to lurk more than I post. I’m working on that.

kshelia
Sat, Oct-06-07, 19:53
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z272/kshelia/z3054545.gif

This is a great way to stay motivated and the people here are wonderful!!!!

BluePants
Sun, Oct-07-07, 13:44
Hi Mary, welcome aboard. The great thing about these boards is noone knows who you are so you don't have to be shy. Just jump right in and make some new friends.

Kisal
Sun, Oct-07-07, 16:49
Hi, Mary! Welcome aboard! This site a great place to be! :)

Start a journal here, so we can pop in and visit from time to time. It's a good way to make friends among the other members! :wave: